New Safety Signing

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

New Safety Signing

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Bryce was here on an official visit last weekend. This kid has really flown under the radar and is yet another 3 to play 3 signing that we have picked up that had he stayed for his JC sophomore season he would have gone to a P5 school. With Bryce signing we have one scholarship left and the coaches are hoping for a grad transfer WR. However, the 2018 signing period ends tomorrow (March 30th). If nothing happens, it's not a big deal. We can still sign a "push forward" kid in the summer, it just means that we didn't use all our available spots in the 2018 class.

Bryce Beekman 6'4" 187 - S - Arizona Western CC, AZ - (Signed with USU 3/25/18; 3 years to play 3)
2016 (Fr.) Stats: Redshirted
2017 (RsFr.) Stats: 26 tackles 2.5 tackles-for-loss 7 INTs 1 pass breakup
Accolades: NJCAA Honorable Mention All-American
https://www.hudl.com/profile/2018188/Bryce-Beekman

dogie

Re: New Safety Signing

Post by dogie » March 29th, 2018, 2:47 pm

To go off on a tangent, I'll mention that Arizona Western is one of only three of the seven Arizona junior colleges that are not dropping football at the end of the upcoming season. Those seven Arizona schools were with Snow College in the Western States Football League. That conference had also previously lost Rick's College, CEU and Dixie, as those schools either dropped football or moved into a league for four-year institutions.

I haven't heard what the WSFL will do now that they will be down to four schools in 2019.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: New Safety Signing

Post by USU78 » March 29th, 2018, 4:04 pm

dogie wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 2:47 pm
To go off on a tangent, I'll mention that Arizona Western is one of only three of the seven Arizona junior colleges that are not dropping football at the end of the upcoming season. Those seven Arizona schools were with Snow College in the Western States Football League. That conference had also previously lost Rick's College, CEU and Dixie, as those schools either dropped football or moved into a league for four-year institutions.

I haven't heard what the WSFL will do now that they will be down to four schools in 2019.
You know, USU Eastern still has intact its football stadium, although it looks like the bleachers have been removed. It would be great if USUE could field a JC football team to fill the vacuum created by Ricks, Dixie and the Arizona JCs dropping FB or changing missions. USU, if we had donor $$ available, could park nonqualifiers in Price to fatten them and their academics up [see, e.g., Brian Soi], while retaining a "special relationship," where the JC coaching staff would/could "direct/counsel" kids to take those offers to transfer to USU.

The same could apply to basketball/soccer/etc.

They also have a nice baseball field [although it's awfully old and could use a facelift].

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic