Pro Day??

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigBlueAggie

Pro Day??

Post by BigBlueAggie » March 28th, 2018, 5:20 pm

I heard we had a pro day today according to this schedule:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... y-schedule

Anyone know how our guys did? If you hold a pro day and no media report on it, did it really happen? (I'm sure we had scouts there though).

I saw one brief tweet about Jalen running well, but that was it.

Anyone else know what happened?

*edit: found this link

Still don't see official results anywhere.

**second edit: I will just keep answering myself. Here is the official release from USU http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 18aab.html

taniataylor

Re: Pro Day??

Post by taniataylor » March 28th, 2018, 7:40 pm

There were 28 NFL scouts there....Jordan facetimed me with Braelon Roberts and he sd his agent will let him know who has interest im him. Jordan also sd the Pats were very interested in Jalen. Dallin did very well on the bench press... that’s pretty much all I know

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 28th, 2018, 9:11 pm

taniataylor wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 7:40 pm
There were 28 NFL scouts there....Jordan facetimed me with Braelon Roberts and he sd his agent will let him know who has interest im him. Jordan also sd the Pats were very interested in Jalen. Dallin did very well on the bench press... that’s pretty much all I know
Jalen has a lot of interests in him from various teams. The pats came out and worked him our last week and went through film with him. He also took a competency test from the dolphins today (it's new this year and replaces the wonderlick). Jalen did very well for himself today.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 28th, 2018, 9:16 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 9:11 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Jalen has a lot of interests in him from various teams. The pats came out and worked him our last week and went through film with him. He also took a competency test from the dolphins today (it's new this year and replaces the wonderlick). Jalen did very well for himself today.
I hope Jalen gets drafted. He is more than good enough.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 28th, 2018, 9:21 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 9:16 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 9:11 pm
taniataylor wrote:
I hope Jalen gets drafted. He is more than good enough.
He will get his name called. No doubt

BigBlueAggie

Post by BigBlueAggie » March 28th, 2018, 9:59 pm

With a 4.4 40 and a vertical of 36 (which both would have ranked in the top 10 at the combine) combined with good film, I have no doubt he will be drafted. Probably a 4th or 5th rounder.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 29th, 2018, 5:48 am

BigBlueAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 9:59 pm
With a 4.4 40 and a vertical of 36 (which both would have ranked in the top 10 at the combine) combined with good film, I have no doubt he will be drafted. Probably a 4th or 5th rounder.
4th or 5th Might be a bit early. That'd be great if he did. But honestly it won't matter. He'll get to the team that wants him the most and he'll prove why he belongs. Jalen will have a great career as a professional.

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » March 29th, 2018, 7:13 am

taniataylor wrote:
Please no.

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » March 29th, 2018, 9:25 am

With the Legion of Boom breaking up, any chance he ends up in Seattle?

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 29th, 2018, 9:30 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 9:25 am
Seattle's defensive scheme doesn't fit Jalen's game. I would highly doubt Jalen goes to Seattle.

stang

Post by stang » March 29th, 2018, 10:02 am

Both @aggieup and @jadenjohns0n had a lot of stuff on Twitter from pro day. There were even some videos

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 29th, 2018, 10:07 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 9:30 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 9:25 am
Seattle's defensive scheme doesn't fit Jalen's game. I would highly doubt Jalen goes to Seattle.
IN what scheme do you think he is best suited? I've always thought he could be an elite starting slot corner in a cover 2 scheme. The kid works so hard and is such a well rounded player. If he lacks somewhere he works to overcome his weakness. Also, he's just a really good guy so I hope the best for him.

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » March 29th, 2018, 10:28 am

I'm hearing a weak consensus that Jalen gets drafted...
...anyone else from our camp likely to hear their name called this year?

Mediocre at Best
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mediocre at Best » March 29th, 2018, 10:32 am

Spoke to contacts with connections to the Steelers and Redskin systems and inquired about Jalen. They did not have glowing comments but not overly negative either...speed and agility reportedly not the issue...reservations are about coverage ability...felt his stats were over inflated against weak competition. Interestingly they heard Cleveland is interested...late round pick...Pats as well who have made a living on picking up players like Jalen who fall under the radar. Miffs me a little bit that scouts do not see the same player we do...Agree with Rato whoever takes a chance on Jalen is going to get a good player on the cheap.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 2nd, 2018, 1:50 pm

Jalen is a little undersized and not a speed burner. Teams will look at his tape which I think will look pretty good. So maybe late rounds? He might actually benefit from not being drafted. That way he can pick the team where he has the best shot.

dogie

Post by dogie » April 2nd, 2018, 2:54 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 10:32 am
Spoke to contacts with connections to the Steelers and Redskin systems and inquired about Jalen. They did not have glowing comments but not overly negative either...speed and agility reportedly not the issue...reservations are about coverage ability...felt his stats were over inflated against weak competition. Interestingly they heard Cleveland is interested...late round pick...Pats as well who have made a living on picking up players like Jalen who fall under the radar. Miffs me a little bit that scouts do not see the same player we do...Agree with Rato whoever takes a chance on Jalen is going to get a good player on the cheap.
It is undeniably true that the BYU game was a career performance by Jalen. Can’t fault him for that, however.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 2nd, 2018, 3:31 pm

El Sapo wrote:
April 2nd, 2018, 1:50 pm
Jalen is a little undersized and not a speed burner. Teams will look at his tape which I think will look pretty good. So maybe late rounds? He might actually benefit from not being drafted. That way he can pick the team where he has the best shot.
Davis's numbers compare favorably to Nevin Lawson, who was drafted. Jalen was even a bit better in Vert, 40, and some of the agility drills.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 3rd, 2018, 10:49 am

Madmartigan wrote:
April 2nd, 2018, 3:31 pm
El Sapo wrote:
Davis's numbers compare favorably to Nevin Lawson, who was drafted. Jalen was even a bit better in Vert, 40, and some of the agility drills.
Good points, I thought Lawson was bigger. Lawson was projected as a 7th round - priority FA after his combine. He got picked in the 4th round. So I guess it's not crazy to think Jalen could go around there. NFL loves picking CBs.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 4th, 2018, 2:11 pm

El Sapo wrote:
April 3rd, 2018, 10:49 am
Madmartigan wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Good points, I thought Lawson was bigger. Lawson was projected as a 7th round - priority FA after his combine. He got picked in the 4th round. So I guess it's not crazy to think Jalen could go around there. NFL loves picking CBs.
Confession: I really like Jalen Davis and want him to have success. It may bias my view of how good he actually is. I just like everything he stands for on and off the field.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 4th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 2:11 pm
El Sapo wrote:
April 3rd, 2018, 10:49 am
Madmartigan wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Confession: I really like Jalen Davis and want him to have success. It may bias my view of how good he actually is. I just like everything he stands for on and off the field.
That's a big deal and great to hear. NFL TV ratings have been slipping, character is an issue.

Locked Previous topicNext topic