How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieSkiBum
Posts: 256
Joined: October 17th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by AggieSkiBum » November 19th, 2016, 6:11 pm

We have BYwho? in Logan, Idaho State at home, and a body bag game at Wisconsin. Matt Wells is going nowhere, there is no money to buy him out of his contract. Myers will be our starting QB, and we're losing talent all over the field. The defense will get worse, and our O will be about the same (bad). How many games do we win next year? I'm going out on a limb here, and predicting we surpass this season's lofty total ... we win four games next year! Go Aggies! :utah: :state:


The best part? We're already in the Mountain West, and no matter how bad we are, they can't kick us out of the conference! Ha ha ha ... suckers :lol:



User avatar
sambonethegreat
Posts: 949
Joined: September 5th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by sambonethegreat » November 19th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Will take a miracle to win six. Still calling for that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3097
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by AGGZILLA » November 19th, 2016, 6:16 pm

AggieSkiBum wrote:We have BYwho? in Logan, Idaho State at home, and a body bag game at Wisconsin. Matt Wells is going nowhere, there is no money to buy him out of his contract. Myers will be our starting QB, we're losing talent all over the field. The defense will get worse, and our O will be about the same (bad). How many games do we win next year? I'm going out on a limb here, and predicting we surpass this season's lofty total ... we win four games next year! Go Aggies! :utah: :state:


The best part? We're already in the Mountain West, and no matter how bad we are, they can't kick us out of the conference! Ha ha ha ... suckers :lol:
Unless some major changes are made in staff structure, scheme on offense and defense, play calling, players, I would expect a similar record. I'm really hoping Wells will make the changes necessary in the offseason, but I have my doubts.


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

Intermeddler
Posts: 2253
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 344 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by Intermeddler » November 19th, 2016, 6:16 pm

3 wins



Elkaggie
Posts: 4229
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by Elkaggie » November 19th, 2016, 6:34 pm

We will win 3 but we will get blown out much more.



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2339
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by bigblue » November 19th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Meh...too early for to want to participate in wild guesses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

FloridaAggie13
Posts: 10929
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 19th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Without major changes in coaching protocols and a shake up among the players and players attitude, we are a 3 to 5 win team and safely back to where we were when GA took over.



AggieMan5
Posts: 1093
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 2:33 pm
Location: SLC
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by AggieMan5 » November 20th, 2016, 8:14 am

3-4 if Kent is the starting QB.



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2565
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 348 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by OKAggie » November 20th, 2016, 8:24 am

Don't we also play at Wake Forest? They are bowl eligible this year and much improved since we beat them in Logan two years ago.


Nobody here knows anything.

AggieSkiBum
Posts: 256
Joined: October 17th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by AggieSkiBum » November 20th, 2016, 10:30 am

OKAggie wrote:Don't we also play at Wake Forest? They are bowl eligible this year and much improved since we beat them in Logan two years ago.
That's a fore sure L too, but nothing on the schedule. The MW schedule isn't out for a while either, but we have a good idea of it.



elcheque2
Posts: 505
Joined: September 21st, 2013, 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by elcheque2 » November 20th, 2016, 11:49 am

OOC games- order unknown
ISU home
Wisconsin away
BYU home
Wake Forest away
Conference games- order unknown
Boise st. home,
Colorado st. home
Wyoming home
new Mexico away
air force away
unlv home
Hawaii away
San Jose st. Away
We'll go 1-3 in ooc games and 4-4 in conference games.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk



MalAgua
Posts: 503
Joined: December 4th, 2010, 1:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by MalAgua » November 20th, 2016, 12:59 pm

2 wins. You heard it here first.



mcaggie1
Posts: 3028
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 401 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by mcaggie1 » November 20th, 2016, 1:28 pm

6 and 6. I'm as upset as anyone else.....but we have also had crazy bad luck in a few games. That rights itself next year, and, after a rough start, Love comes in and leads us to the Potato Bowl. So.....sue me....I am overly optimistic.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2831
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 20th, 2016, 1:40 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:6 and 6. I'm as upset as anyone else.....but we have also had crazy bad luck in a few games. That rights itself next year, and, after a rough start, Love comes in and leads us to the Potato Bowl. So.....sue me....I am overly optimistic.
Bad luck might lose you one close game at the end, maybe even two. Four close losses where we were winning is bad coaching.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3203
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by WAaggieFan » November 20th, 2016, 1:52 pm

USU is currently only better than 1 team in the MWC and that school's already fired their HC.
Aggies finish dead last in the Mountain again but UNM and CSU are their best shots a a divisional win. My head says 0 wins here. My heart says the Aggies take 1 of those 2. Probably the Lammies since it's at home.
USU draws UH, SJSU, & UNLV from the West. My head says 1 UNLV at home. My heart says they finally get an elusive road win in San Jose.
OOC the Aggies beat the Tigers and look like Aggies of old vs the rest. Both my head and heart agree on this one.
Head: 2-10 (ISU, UNLV)
Heart: 4-8 (ISU, CSU, UNLV, SJSU)
No bowl for a second year.
Wells hits the bricks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 10929
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 20th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Depending on how the schedule plays out, Wells could conceivably get the axe if the team starts out 1-5 or something like that. Most likely the ISU, BYU, Wisconsin and Wake Forest games will be early in the season. That's three blowouts in September with the only win being against ISU. I don't see how we get to six wins.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16421
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 973 times
Been thanked: 1502 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 20th, 2016, 3:13 pm

That really sucks that we're bottoming out in time for that Wake Forest road game. I was looking forward to getting a road win against a P5 team, even if it was Wake.

Definite Losses: Wisky, Wake, Boise, and BYU
High likelihood of losses: WYO, @AF, and @NM.
Could go either way and that hasn't gone well as of late: @UNLV, CSU
Our best chances of winning: ISU, @SJSU, Hawaii

3-9 for the second year in a row, and Wells leaves the cupboards bare for the next coach. It'll be 2020 before we get bowl eligible again.



User avatar
Servo
Posts: 1178
Joined: November 7th, 2010, 11:01 am
Location: Satellite of Love
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by Servo » November 20th, 2016, 8:35 pm

ISU, SJSU and UNLV are the only probable wins with the way the team is going.


I'm not biased. I mock everybody.

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by dyedblue » November 20th, 2016, 8:54 pm

We played well enough to beat AFA, CSU, New Mexico, and Nevada. There is reason for some hope but the fact we list all four of those is concerning.


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Mediocre at Best
Posts: 814
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by Mediocre at Best » November 20th, 2016, 9:33 pm

I am with Florida Aggie on this: "Without major changes in coaching protocols and a shake up among the players and players attitude, we are a 3 to 5 win team and safely back to where we were when GA took over."

Spent much of Friday schmoozing in Provo with coaches from other college teams and three high school coaches one out of state and two in state and of course Matt Wells came up. We were all there for the BYU UMass game on Saturday. I cannot really be specific here in terms of names wish I could but value my relationships with these guys. I spoke with a couple of U of U affiliated coaches (not saying past or present to protect my source). The long and short is the guys I chatted with are upper tier in the world of college football and had sympathy but no real respect for Wells. I was told we have him for a year and that they have been informally consulted by USU administrators on what the possible problems are with Wells and the program and what to do about it. He has one year and that's it unless a cant pass up HC falls in our lap. They were joking and said we should try Charlie Weis or Ron Turner.

I must say that I was surprised at their commentary which really made me stop and question myself. I suspect that I must be getting too old for the game. My take is the one positive has been Well's recruiting and I apparently have mistakenly stated such on the board in the past. This year...I like Rayshad Lewis...one example...I know for a fact that many other schools wished they could have landed him and tried hard to do so but USU prevailed. I recognize none of those schools was any bigger or better than USU but still. I love Tarver not fast but tough big and a great possession receiver.

Their take is much different and said the problem is not so much with Well's offensive scheme but a failure to recruit good running backs...none think much of Devante Mays and certainly not his backups and of course all were very negative about the O line. D-line drew praises and no mystery here the linebackers were considered poor and they were perplexed by the drastic drop off in talent at the backer position. They said much like Ron McBride has an eye for running backs Gary has an eye for linebackers.

One of these coaches was quite candid stating outright that Wells is a poor recruiter not so much in not being able to get kids to sign but rather in misreading talent. Again that really surprised me given players like Lewis and Tarver. He was also confident in stating that Wells is never going to be able to turn the direction of the program around because he is not head coaching material. He likened him to Brent Guy suited for being a position coach. All were in complete agreement that the offense scheme and play calling was not the trouble spot and that if recruiting improved and staying with that system we run now we could be comparable to Boise State offensively. This coach is an offensive guru so he did not have much to say about our defense other than give them some benefit of the doubt because of time of possession issues. He thought for the most part the D-line has been good against the run characterizing them as engaged and for what they lack in talent they make up in toughness.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 10929
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 21st, 2016, 6:53 am

Mediocre at Best wrote:I am with Florida Aggie on this: "Without major changes in coaching protocols and a shake up among the players and players attitude, we are a 3 to 5 win team and safely back to where we were when GA took over."

Spent much of Friday schmoozing in Provo with coaches from other college teams and three high school coaches one out of state and two in state and of course Matt Wells came up. We were all there for the BYU UMass game on Saturday. I cannot really be specific here in terms of names wish I could but value my relationships with these guys. I spoke with a couple of U of U affiliated coaches (not saying past or present to protect my source). The long and short is the guys I chatted with are upper tier in the world of college football and had sympathy but no real respect for Wells. I was told we have him for a year and that they have been informally consulted by USU administrators on what the possible problems are with Wells and the program and what to do about it. He has one year and that's it unless a cant pass up HC falls in our lap. They were joking and said we should try Charlie Weis or Ron Turner.

I must say that I was surprised at their commentary which really made me stop and question myself. I suspect that I must be getting too old for the game. My take is the one positive has been Well's recruiting and I apparently have mistakenly stated such on the board in the past. This year...I like Rayshad Lewis...one example...I know for a fact that many other schools wished they could have landed him and tried hard to do so but USU prevailed. I recognize none of those schools was any bigger or better than USU but still. I love Tarver not fast but tough big and a great possession receiver.

Their take is much different and said the problem is not so much with Well's offensive scheme but a failure to recruit good running backs...none think much of Devante Mays and certainly not his backups and of course all were very negative about the O line. D-line drew praises and no mystery here the linebackers were considered poor and they were perplexed by the drastic drop off in talent at the backer position. They said much like Ron McBride has an eye for running backs Gary has an eye for linebackers.

One of these coaches was quite candid stating outright that Wells is a poor recruiter not so much in not being able to get kids to sign but rather in misreading talent. Again that really surprised me given players like Lewis and Tarver. He was also confident in stating that Wells is never going to be able to turn the direction of the program around because he is not head coaching material. He likened him to Brent Guy suited for being a position coach. All were in complete agreement that the offense scheme and play calling was not the trouble spot and that if recruiting improved and staying with that system we run now we could be comparable to Boise State offensively. This coach is an offensive guru so he did not have much to say about our defense other than give them some benefit of the doubt because of time of possession issues. He thought for the most part the D-line has been good against the run characterizing them as engaged and for what they lack in talent they make up in toughness.
Fantastic insight Mediocre. I think we've all noticed the drop off in talent at the RB and LB position; the regression of the offense coincides with the regression of our running game since 2013. If Wells really is that poor in evaluating talent, then there is no way he can turn the program in the right direction.



hickaggie
Posts: 3302
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hickaggie » November 21st, 2016, 8:25 am

I don't see Wells turning this around. The fact that he has trotted Myers out there game in and game out with a real QB ready to go. A guy that needs a first down so he calls 3 dives to frickin Lajuan Hunt with this O-line. I don't think Wells sees football from the standpoint of what do I have to do to win. Its rather, "I want my line to pound the ball this series and to prove a point and if my line can't do it I'd rather lose" or "I'm a QB coach genius and I am not going to quit until Myers is a QB and I'd rather go 3-9 to prove my point" or "Hobbs may give us the best chance to win but he sometimes audibles from my plays and takes risks I don't like so I'd rather prove I'm in charge than win"

Thats Wells in my mind at this point. Thats aside from the fact his O-line sucks, his play calling is disjointed, and he has no clue what down it is.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 10929
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 21st, 2016, 9:33 am

hickaggie wrote:I don't see Wells turning this around. The fact that he has trotted Myers out there game in and game out with a real QB ready to go. A guy that needs a first down so he calls 3 dives to frickin Lajuan Hunt with this O-line. I don't think Wells sees football from the standpoint of what do I have to do to win. Its rather, "I want my line to pound the ball this series and to prove a point and if my line can't do it I'd rather lose" or "I'm a QB coach genius and I am not going to quit until Myers is a QB and I'd rather go 3-9 to prove my point" or "Hobbs may give us the best chance to win but he sometimes audibles from my plays and takes risks I don't like so I'd rather prove I'm in charge than win"

Thats Wells in my mind at this point. Thats aside from the fact his O-line sucks, his play calling is disjointed, and he has no clue what down it is.
I think that's a little over the top. Wells wants to win as much as we want them to win, probably even more as it is his livelihood. I doubt he is calling plays out of spite or trying to "prove a point". Like all coaches, he has a plan that he believes is the best path and unfortunately it isn't working.

I agree with the assessments made by Mediocre's colleagues. He isn't a good judge of talent in the skill areas, especially RB and LB. I'm not sure what he sees in KM unless he just sees deficiencies in Hobbs that are much worse and he is trying to play the lesser of two evils. After all, he kept rolling an injured CK out there each week instead of a healthy KIM. That says a bit about what he really thought of KM. It was a bit surprising to hear others at that level not necessarily chastise his play calling, but pointing out that we are limited due to lack of talent.

Amazingly, if you look at this year, we've blown four fairly large leads. This is due to the defense getting worn down because the offense can't move the ball consistently - no running game and the QB can't keep the chains moving. We realistically should be
7-4 right now and debating what bowl to accept.



hickaggie
Posts: 3302
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hickaggie » November 21st, 2016, 12:28 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:I don't see Wells turning this around. The fact that he has trotted Myers out there game in and game out with a real QB ready to go. A guy that needs a first down so he calls 3 dives to frickin Lajuan Hunt with this O-line. I don't think Wells sees football from the standpoint of what do I have to do to win. Its rather, "I want my line to pound the ball this series and to prove a point and if my line can't do it I'd rather lose" or "I'm a QB coach genius and I am not going to quit until Myers is a QB and I'd rather go 3-9 to prove my point" or "Hobbs may give us the best chance to win but he sometimes audibles from my plays and takes risks I don't like so I'd rather prove I'm in charge than win"

Thats Wells in my mind at this point. Thats aside from the fact his O-line sucks, his play calling is disjointed, and he has no clue what down it is.
I think that's a little over the top. Wells wants to win as much as we want them to win, probably even more as it is his livelihood. I doubt he is calling plays out of spite or trying to "prove a point". Like all coaches, he has a plan that he believes is the best path and unfortunately it isn't working.

I agree with the assessments made by Mediocre's colleagues. He isn't a good judge of talent in the skill areas, especially RB and LB. I'm not sure what he sees in KM unless he just sees deficiencies in Hobbs that are much worse and he is trying to play the lesser of two evils. After all, he kept rolling an injured CK out there each week instead of a healthy KIM. That says a bit about what he really thought of KM. It was a bit surprising to hear others at that level not necessarily chastise his play calling, but pointing out that we are limited due to lack of talent.

Amazingly, if you look at this year, we've blown four fairly large leads. This is due to the defense getting worn down because the offense can't move the ball consistently - no running game and the QB can't keep the chains moving. We realistically should be
7-4 right now and debating what bowl to accept.
But we are not because the Defense isn't good enough this year to overcome the inevitable offensive letdowns when the D adjusts to Myers. Its all on one thing and it #2. He's not a QB. Everyone knows this but Wells. His backup can audible, read defenses, move in the pocket, and is a power runner to boot. He is better on the read option too and has a much better arm. That Wells would continue to play Myers is all you need to know. He is a stubborn, stupid, idiot or he would rather lose to prove a point. Maybe some of both.

In the alternative if I am somehow wrong about Hobbs the fact that Wells hasn't started each of his QBs after putting Myers permanently at receiver is proof enough.

Wells has made plenty of other boneheaded decisions but I would guess with a semi-competent QB which Hobbs appears to be this team has 5-7 wins at this point despite Wells' incompetence.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by dyedblue » November 21st, 2016, 12:34 pm

hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:I don't see Wells turning this around. The fact that he has trotted Myers out there game in and game out with a real QB ready to go. A guy that needs a first down so he calls 3 dives to frickin Lajuan Hunt with this O-line. I don't think Wells sees football from the standpoint of what do I have to do to win. Its rather, "I want my line to pound the ball this series and to prove a point and if my line can't do it I'd rather lose" or "I'm a QB coach genius and I am not going to quit until Myers is a QB and I'd rather go 3-9 to prove my point" or "Hobbs may give us the best chance to win but he sometimes audibles from my plays and takes risks I don't like so I'd rather prove I'm in charge than win"

Thats Wells in my mind at this point. Thats aside from the fact his O-line sucks, his play calling is disjointed, and he has no clue what down it is.
I think that's a little over the top. Wells wants to win as much as we want them to win, probably even more as it is his livelihood. I doubt he is calling plays out of spite or trying to "prove a point". Like all coaches, he has a plan that he believes is the best path and unfortunately it isn't working.

I agree with the assessments made by Mediocre's colleagues. He isn't a good judge of talent in the skill areas, especially RB and LB. I'm not sure what he sees in KM unless he just sees deficiencies in Hobbs that are much worse and he is trying to play the lesser of two evils. After all, he kept rolling an injured CK out there each week instead of a healthy KIM. That says a bit about what he really thought of KM. It was a bit surprising to hear others at that level not necessarily chastise his play calling, but pointing out that we are limited due to lack of talent.

Amazingly, if you look at this year, we've blown four fairly large leads. This is due to the defense getting worn down because the offense can't move the ball consistently - no running game and the QB can't keep the chains moving. We realistically should be
7-4 right now and debating what bowl to accept.
But we are not because the Defense isn't good enough this year to overcome the inevitable offensive letdowns when the D adjusts to Myers. Its all on one thing and it #2. He's not a QB. Everyone knows this but Wells. His backup can audible, read defenses, move in the pocket, and is a power runner to boot. He is better on the read option too and has a much better arm. That Wells would continue to play Myers is all you need to know. He is a stubborn, stupid, idiot or he would rather lose to prove a point. Maybe some of both.

In the alternative if I am somehow wrong about Hobbs the fact that Wells hasn't started each of his QBs after putting Myers permanently at receiver is proof enough.

Wells has made plenty of other boneheaded decisions but I would guess with a semi-competent QB which Hobbs appears to be this team has 5-7 wins at this point despite Wells' incompetence.
You do realize that Myers has played very well the last two games and we put 37 on the board, right?

I'm all for giving Hobbs a shot, but let's not get carried away

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hickaggie
Posts: 3302
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hickaggie » November 21st, 2016, 12:54 pm

dyedblue wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:I don't see Wells turning this around. The fact that he has trotted Myers out there game in and game out with a real QB ready to go. A guy that needs a first down so he calls 3 dives to frickin Lajuan Hunt with this O-line. I don't think Wells sees football from the standpoint of what do I have to do to win. Its rather, "I want my line to pound the ball this series and to prove a point and if my line can't do it I'd rather lose" or "I'm a QB coach genius and I am not going to quit until Myers is a QB and I'd rather go 3-9 to prove my point" or "Hobbs may give us the best chance to win but he sometimes audibles from my plays and takes risks I don't like so I'd rather prove I'm in charge than win"

Thats Wells in my mind at this point. Thats aside from the fact his O-line sucks, his play calling is disjointed, and he has no clue what down it is.
I think that's a little over the top. Wells wants to win as much as we want them to win, probably even more as it is his livelihood. I doubt he is calling plays out of spite or trying to "prove a point". Like all coaches, he has a plan that he believes is the best path and unfortunately it isn't working.

I agree with the assessments made by Mediocre's colleagues. He isn't a good judge of talent in the skill areas, especially RB and LB. I'm not sure what he sees in KM unless he just sees deficiencies in Hobbs that are much worse and he is trying to play the lesser of two evils. After all, he kept rolling an injured CK out there each week instead of a healthy KIM. That says a bit about what he really thought of KM. It was a bit surprising to hear others at that level not necessarily chastise his play calling, but pointing out that we are limited due to lack of talent.

Amazingly, if you look at this year, we've blown four fairly large leads. This is due to the defense getting worn down because the offense can't move the ball consistently - no running game and the QB can't keep the chains moving. We realistically should be
7-4 right now and debating what bowl to accept.
But we are not because the Defense isn't good enough this year to overcome the inevitable offensive letdowns when the D adjusts to Myers. Its all on one thing and it #2. He's not a QB. Everyone knows this but Wells. His backup can audible, read defenses, move in the pocket, and is a power runner to boot. He is better on the read option too and has a much better arm. That Wells would continue to play Myers is all you need to know. He is a stubborn, stupid, idiot or he would rather lose to prove a point. Maybe some of both.

In the alternative if I am somehow wrong about Hobbs the fact that Wells hasn't started each of his QBs after putting Myers permanently at receiver is proof enough.

Wells has made plenty of other boneheaded decisions but I would guess with a semi-competent QB which Hobbs appears to be this team has 5-7 wins at this point despite Wells' incompetence.
You do realize that Myers has played very well the last two games and we put 37 on the board, right?

I'm all for giving Hobbs a shot, but let's not get carried away

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

lol...The guy can get hot but its always gonna come back and bite you when the D adjusts because he can't audible, check out, or make reads. He has never had a game winning drive with the closest the padded lead against Arkansas State. So he'll have enough moments to keep Hobbs off the field in Wells eyes as his teams lose.

You need to learn what to watch in football to understand the differences. Hobbs came in for 1 quarter and audibled his first play to a a zone read for a 40 yard gain. He went through reads, bought time exc. Myers can't do any of these things but the idiot who coaches this team has something against Hobbs. As far as I can tell Myers has never audibled. Unreal.

You guys are amazing. Without looking at the game you are wowed by 37 points against Nevada most of which were on the ground and Myers failed big time when it counted like he always will not being able to audible or make consistent throws. Too many people can't watch a game and have a clue of what was going on. Wells lost me in the Fresno game. Afterword I made the point and all the fans who don't know football were all incredulous until the team proved my point the next few weeks.

But ride another 3-9 season on Myers arm. I guess since we can't buy out Wells anyway so you can feel good about Wells choice when he throws for a couple TDs against a bad team.



bleu
Posts: 1341
Joined: September 21st, 2012, 4:47 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by bleu » November 21st, 2016, 1:02 pm

13 games including our MWC championship and NY6 victory



LoveMyAggies
Posts: 316
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by LoveMyAggies » November 21st, 2016, 1:05 pm

AggieSkiBum wrote:We have BYwho? in Logan, Idaho State at home, and a body bag game at Wisconsin. Matt Wells is going nowhere, there is no money to buy him out of his contract. Myers will be our starting QB, and we're losing talent all over the field. The defense will get worse, and our O will be about the same (bad). How many games do we win next year? I'm going out on a limb here, and predicting we surpass this season's lofty total ... we win four games next year! Go Aggies! :utah: :state:


The best part? We're already in the Mountain West, and no matter how bad we are, they can't kick us out of the conference! Ha ha ha ... suckers :lol:
With Wells coaching, and zero coaching changes for the better, 2, we will lose all of our road games next year, AND we will lose more home games than we will win.

The book is out on how to beat Wells, he's too stubborn to adjust and change a gameplan after its figured out by the opposition. I really wish I were wrong, but this is the reality of the status quo.



LoveMyAggies
Posts: 316
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by LoveMyAggies » November 21st, 2016, 1:12 pm

hickaggie wrote:I don't see Wells turning this around. The fact that he has trotted Myers out there game in and game out with a real QB ready to go. A guy that needs a first down so he calls 3 dives to frickin Lajuan Hunt with this O-line. I don't think Wells sees football from the standpoint of what do I have to do to win. Its rather, "I want my line to pound the ball this series and to prove a point and if my line can't do it I'd rather lose" or "I'm a QB coach genius and I am not going to quit until Myers is a QB and I'd rather go 3-9 to prove my point" or "Hobbs may give us the best chance to win but he sometimes audibles from my plays and takes risks I don't like so I'd rather prove I'm in charge than win"

Thats Wells in my mind at this point. Thats aside from the fact his O-line sucks, his play calling is disjointed, and he has no clue what down it is.
How many on here get to sit in on Alumni meetings with Wells? If there is even 1 person here is the question I have.

1 Why are still using the same gameplan for every team?

2 I would ask, let's give Hobbs a shot at ybu, if not why are you doing this to our program??

3 Mr Hartwell, can you please do your job and tell Mr Wells that he has to give up play calling??



mcaggie1
Posts: 3028
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 401 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by mcaggie1 » November 21st, 2016, 1:13 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
AggieSkiBum wrote:We have BYwho? in Logan, Idaho State at home, and a body bag game at Wisconsin. Matt Wells is going nowhere, there is no money to buy him out of his contract. Myers will be our starting QB, and we're losing talent all over the field. The defense will get worse, and our O will be about the same (bad). How many games do we win next year? I'm going out on a limb here, and predicting we surpass this season's lofty total ... we win four games next year! Go Aggies! :utah: :state:


The best part? We're already in the Mountain West, and no matter how bad we are, they can't kick us out of the conference! Ha ha ha ... suckers :lol:
With Wells coaching, and zero coaching changes for the better, 2, we will lose all of our road games next year, AND we will lose more home games than we will win.

The book is out on how to beat Wells, he's too stubborn to adjust and change a gameplan after its figured out by the opposition. I really wish I were wrong, but this is the reality of the status quo.
Read mediocre' post earlier in the thread.



User avatar
Aggiewest
Posts: 183
Joined: January 14th, 2011, 2:35 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by Aggiewest » November 21st, 2016, 1:18 pm

Just watched MW's weekly presser and it give me no hope. He keeps saying how many injury's we have had this year and that it's no excuse for our record, but then brings it up again and again. He has no vision of what is needed to turn the trajectory of this program around. I know he will probably be here next year and therefore I would love to hear him say the areas he know that needs to be improved or changed, but instead he thinks all is well and if we correct a break down on a hand full of plays we are back at the top of the MWC.

Record next year will be: 2-10.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16421
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 973 times
Been thanked: 1502 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 21st, 2016, 1:32 pm

Aggiewest wrote:Just watched MW's weekly presser and it give me no hope. He keeps saying how many injury's we have had this year and that it's no excuse for our record, but then brings it up again and again. He has no vision of what is needed to turn the trajectory of this program around. I know he will probably be here next year and therefore I would love to hear him say the areas he know that needs to be improved or changed, but instead he thinks all is well and if we correct a break down on a hand full of plays we are back at the top of the MWC.

Record next year will be: 2-10.
Yup. Excuses are for losers. Stats are for losers.

90% of D1 teams have the amount of injuries we have. How are our injuries any worse this year than '13 or '14? They're not. We just haven't either recruited or developed players well enough to provide depth.

That New Mexico debacle had nothing to do with injuries, plain and simple. Did injuries keep the coaches from telling Rodriguez to let any questionable catch just fall to the ground?



hickaggie
Posts: 3302
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hickaggie » November 21st, 2016, 1:48 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Aggiewest wrote:Just watched MW's weekly presser and it give me no hope. He keeps saying how many injury's we have had this year and that it's no excuse for our record, but then brings it up again and again. He has no vision of what is needed to turn the trajectory of this program around. I know he will probably be here next year and therefore I would love to hear him say the areas he know that needs to be improved or changed, but instead he thinks all is well and if we correct a break down on a hand full of plays we are back at the top of the MWC.

Record next year will be: 2-10.
Yup. Excuses are for losers. Stats are for losers.

90% of D1 teams have the amount of injuries we have. How are our injuries any worse this year than '13 or '14? They're not. We just haven't either recruited or developed players well enough to provide depth.

That New Mexico debacle had nothing to do with injuries, plain and simple. Did injuries keep the coaches from telling Rodriguez to let any questionable catch just fall to the ground?
To be fair we had one injury on offense that changed the course of this year. Mays would have been a game changer. When you have the worst offensive line in college football you need to balance it with the best after contact guy in the nation to have a chance. That said, I agree. Wells doesn't have a clue. Hint here Matt: Its starts with the guy you continually put out there at QB. This team as bad as they are and as bad as Matt Wells has been would be bowl eligible, or on the doorstep with a real, semi-competent QB and we have one on the bench.

But once again #2 will trot out there Saturday for a date with destiny. At this point with it all lost Wells won't give Hobbs a chance. What is there to lose. If he shows something or pulls off a crazy upset you have the QB you can ride to try to save your job for the next year. If he is worse than Myers (if that is possible) you have validated your decision over your critics and can argue that Myers is the best you got.

But he won't do it and the Aggies will lose in Myers boring and pathetic fashion and further instill in the team the attitude that 3-9 or 2-10 next year is the ceiling.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 10929
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 21st, 2016, 1:49 pm

Aggiewest wrote:Just watched MW's weekly presser and it give me no hope. He keeps saying how many injury's we have had this year and that it's no excuse for our record, but then brings it up again and again. He has no vision of what is needed to turn the trajectory of this program around. I know he will probably be here next year and therefore I would love to hear him say the areas he know that needs to be improved or changed, but instead he thinks all is well and if we correct a break down on a hand full of plays we are back at the top of the MWC.

Record next year will be: 2-10.
Wells gives the same canned BS response on Mondays as EVERY other coach. Here's a secret. He's on the inside and we are on the outside, he's not going to tell you what he's really thinking. He may be thinking the same things we are but he can't say it publicly as it would undermine his team. He might be looking at the situation and based on what he sees 24/7 behind the scenes and feel like he's choosing what appears to be the lesser of two evils. I don't really know, maybe he's an idiot, but it's tiring to see post after post complaining about Wells' pressers as though he's screwing us by not giving more detailed information. This is common throughout all of football with very few exceptions.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16421
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 973 times
Been thanked: 1502 times

Re: How Many Games Do We Win Next Year?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 21st, 2016, 1:56 pm

hickaggie wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Aggiewest wrote:Just watched MW's weekly presser and it give me no hope. He keeps saying how many injury's we have had this year and that it's no excuse for our record, but then brings it up again and again. He has no vision of what is needed to turn the trajectory of this program around. I know he will probably be here next year and therefore I would love to hear him say the areas he know that needs to be improved or changed, but instead he thinks all is well and if we correct a break down on a hand full of plays we are back at the top of the MWC.

Record next year will be: 2-10.
Yup. Excuses are for losers. Stats are for losers.

90% of D1 teams have the amount of injuries we have. How are our injuries any worse this year than '13 or '14? They're not. We just haven't either recruited or developed players well enough to provide depth.

That New Mexico debacle had nothing to do with injuries, plain and simple. Did injuries keep the coaches from telling Rodriguez to let any questionable catch just fall to the ground?
To be fair we had one injury on offense that changed the course of this year. Mays would have been a game changer. When you have the worst offensive line in college football you need to balance it with the best after contact guy in the nation to have a chance. That said, I agree. Wells doesn't have a clue. Hint here Matt: Its starts with the guy you continually put out there at QB. This team as bad as they are and as bad as Matt Wells has been would be bowl eligible, or on the doorstep with a real, semi-competent QB and we have one on the bench.

But once again #2 will trot out there Saturday for a date with destiny. At this point with it all lost Wells won't give Hobbs a chance. What is there to lose. If he shows something or pulls off a crazy upset you have the QB you can ride to try to save your job for the next year. If he is worse than Myers (if that is possible) you have validated your decision over your critics and can argue that Myers is the best you got.

But he won't do it and the Aggies will lose in Myers boring and pathetic fashion and further instill in the team the attitude that 3-9 or 2-10 next year is the ceiling.
I didn't understand that on Saturday. Why not see what Hobbs can do as the starter against Nevada since the game was meaningless anyway? At least we'd know going into next year whether it was worth holding out any hope for him and seeing if he could spark something. We know what we have in Myers. Occasional bursts of excellence interrupting a lot of mediocrity.



Locked Previous topicNext topic