Just got back from Fresno - impressions

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

Just got back from Fresno - impressions

Post by ViAggie » October 11th, 2015, 6:16 pm

1st. It was great sitting with and talking to all the parents of our student athletes. Some of the nicest people I've ever met.
2nd. We didn't play as good as we're capable of playing. That sez something considering the score. It kind of felt like we went easy on them, and that was even before we put the 2nd string in. I'm not saying we're all that and a bag of potato chips either, just seems like we weren't playing as good as we could have.
3. I'm jealous of Bulldog stadiums size, but that's were it ends. The place is literally falling apart I was walking by hunks of cement chipping off from the stadium, out dated facilities , no center concourse areas, the team has to work through the center, I suppose that's kind so cool walking through that tunnel but it's kind of lame. The place is certainly showing it's age.
4. The lighting sucks bad. There are lights in the middle of the stadium and the edges are dark. The jumbo tron screen makes the lighting even worse as it constantly appears like they are brightening the dimming the lights, not so good.
5. Their fans were nice, I will say that much. And even on a down year they have more loyal fans than we do. Of course Fresno also has 500K people.
6. Pre-game atmosphere is probably one of the better in the MW, that's not saying much though.

Worth the 10 hrs (5 each way) of driving up and back.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood