Feels like the Utes are giving USU no respect.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Tetonkatest

Feels like the Utes are giving USU no respect.

Post by Tetonkatest » September 11th, 2015, 11:04 am

I actually like that the Utes are looking past USU, and giving USU zero respect. I think this is what we need. They are overlooking us.

Anyway, I looked at Utefans.net and there fans are all basically saying that they are PAC12 now, and far above playing USU or in-state opponents anymore in football. They are like this in basketball now too.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1755222

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1755202

UtesAggs>BYU
Has thanked: 0

Re: Feels like the Utes are giving USU no respect.

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » September 11th, 2015, 11:07 am

Tetonkatest wrote:I actually like that the Utes are looking past USU, and giving USU zero respect. I think this is what we need. They are overlooking us.

Anyway, I looked at Utefans.net and there fans are all basically saying that they are PAC12 now, and far above playing USU or in-state opponents anymore in football. They are like this in basketball now too.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1755222

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1755202
The fans are looking past USU, I have seen nothing that even hints at the team doing the same. And Utefans is a pile of steaming turds. Getting information from there should make you feel dirty

18usu18
Been thanked: 0

Post by 18usu18 » September 11th, 2015, 11:08 am

Fan attitude has nothing to do with the actual product on the field. Have you heard anything from Utah players or coaches that leads you to believe they're overlooking USU?

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » September 11th, 2015, 11:19 am

18usu18 wrote:Fan attitude has nothing to do with the actual product on the field. Have you heard anything from Utah players or coaches that leads you to believe they're overlooking USU?
I suppose you are right. I'm mostly looking at what the fans are saying, and don't know how their players are viewing the game.

I do think that their fans arrogant attitude might be contagious to the team though. If USU is going to win this, then I think it is because Utah is overlooking USU going into this game, or was too focused on Michigan.

AggieDude

Post by AggieDude » September 11th, 2015, 11:26 am

Tetonkatest wrote:
18usu18 wrote:Fan attitude has nothing to do with the actual product on the field. Have you heard anything from Utah players or coaches that leads you to believe they're overlooking USU?
I suppose you are right. I'm mostly looking at what the fans are saying, and don't know how their players are viewing the game.

I do think that their fans arrogant attitude might be contagious to the team though. If USU is going to win this, then I think it is because Utah is overlooking USU going into this game, or was too focused on Michigan.
I think most of our fans were overconfident going into the SUU game and would be surprised if none of our players and staff were. I think the Utes probably feel relieved that we crapped the bed last week and it's showing in their confidence going into our game tonight. Maybe it's a good sign for the Aggies. Maybe the Utes really are going to slaughter us. Either way, it's a natural tendency that good coaches and players have learned how to overcome. I really hope we come out and set the tone in this game from the get go. We've got to show them we are no cakewalk.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 11th, 2015, 11:44 am

AggieDude wrote:
Tetonkatest wrote:

I think most of our fans were overconfident going into the SUU game and would be surprised if none of our players and staff were. I think the Utes probably feel relieved that we crapped the bed last week and it's showing in their confidence going into our game tonight. Maybe it's a good sign for the Aggies. Maybe the Utes really are going to slaughter us. Either way, it's a natural tendency that good coaches and players have learned how to overcome. I really hope we come out and set the tone in this game from the get go. We've got to show them we are no cakewalk.
There is no way Utah players overlook this game. In the last two meetings USU has beat them and the Utes pulled a very lucky win out of their hat in a game they were mostly outplayed on both sides of the ball. Keeton has been phenomenal in both his meetings against them.

In addition, the game still has all of the sidebars of Utah kids who played against each other in High school. Of course their fans are going to be arrogant. They have and always will be dismissive and they have a game last week to support their views that the Aggies are going to get destroyed...and admittedly that game provides some convincing evidence for their confidence.

Utah will be ready and playing with as much of chip on their shoulders as I hope the Aggie players demonstrate too.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » September 11th, 2015, 11:54 am

"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

SuperiorBlueDiver

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » September 11th, 2015, 12:01 pm

One bad game and their fan base has assumed we're the same old Aggies. I would sure love to see us prove that notion wrong

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 11th, 2015, 12:01 pm

If I'm a Ute fan I expect to blow USU out. Not lack of respect, just an evaluation of the talent on the two programs- especially with suspensions and how we performed last week.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 11th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Madmartigan wrote:If I'm a Ute fan I expect to blow USU out. Not lack of respect, just an evaluation of the talent on the two programs- especially with suspensions and how we performed last week.
On the flip side, its not like the performance has made Aggie fans confident that the team has the firepower to put up enough points and control the ball enough to make it a game down the stretch either. Its hard to blame the arrogant Ute fans for dismissing the Aggies when you have your own doubts.

I don't think Whittingham team is going to be overlooking the Aggies or down for this game though. They are well aware that the Aggies D is capable of havoc and that Matt Wells coached offenses QBd by Keeton have beat them before.

TheOpportunity

Post by TheOpportunity » September 11th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Most Ute fans I've talked to in the office today are definitely not assuming this game will be easy. Many have said it feels like a trap game for them. When it comes to message boards, you usually are looking at a sample size of the worst of the worst that that fan base has to offer. Ours is no different.

If I were them, I would definitely be extremely confident going in to this game. They have good reason to be in many ways, and that's fine. There is a reason the game is played though, and anything can happen. If we play the way we know we can, we definitely have a shot at winning it.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 11th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Madmartigan wrote:If I'm a Ute fan I expect to blow USU out. Not lack of respect, just an evaluation of the talent on the two programs- especially with suspensions and how we performed last week.
We've got every bit as much talent as they do if not more. On offense we're better at qb, wr, and te. On defense we're better in the secondary, and lb's. Utah is better on the d-line, o-line, and rb. Also special teams. If you count by 'rooms' that puts us ahead 5-4.

AggieDude

Post by AggieDude » September 11th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Ahbye wrote:
We've got every bit as much talent as they do if not more. On offense we're better at qb, wr, and te. On defense we're better in the secondary, and lb's. Utah is better on the d-line, o-line, and rb. Also special teams. If you count by 'rooms' that puts us ahead 5-4.
Without Sharp, I disagree about WR.

rbmw263

Post by rbmw263 » September 11th, 2015, 1:41 pm

I hope the team is taking you guys as serious as I am. Your defense can keep you in it, and you guys love beating us. Never confident going against Chuckie. Guy is a gamer. Should be a good game
Last edited by rbmw263 on September 11th, 2015, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbmw263

Post by rbmw263 » September 11th, 2015, 1:47 pm

Ahbye wrote:
Utah is sending two LB's to the NFL, so I disagree there. Tevin Carter (S) is also a high round pick if he stays healthy. Big/long safety that runs a 10.5 100. Byrd/Porter/Hatfield are potential (and given Utahs recent run of DB's, a couple will go) draft picks. Utah has a TON of talent in the back 7. They dont have a ton of NFL guys outside of that area, but they have at least 4 in the back 7.

I can agree with most of the rest

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » September 11th, 2015, 1:48 pm

AggieDude wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Without Sharp, I disagree about WR.
I'm not so sure about better QB either. Keeton still has to show that he is back for me to say he is better than Wilson. Travis is good, just not consistently good. Chuckie has to come back from injury. He was good before the injury, but he hasn't proved that he is back yet.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » September 11th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Well, if the U has a better OLine and a better Dline, then that's all that really matters. We will be hard pressed to win. For the most part, the battle in the trenches decides the game.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 11th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Utes might be in the PAC 12, but the utefans.net is still in the WAC :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 11th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Ahbye wrote:
This was also said about Tennessee. We saw how that turned out. I think we have comparable talent at a few positions, but overall Utah has better talent.

glendayle

Post by glendayle » September 11th, 2015, 2:05 pm

I don't expect Ute fans to give us respect. The only way to get it is to win. Especially after last weeks SUU results. Now if we had gone on the road and looked good and won a game against a mid level P5 team or even a solid G5 team they might not be so confident. Even Hans who is usually pretty reasonable about USU called a 38-10 Utah win.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 11th, 2015, 2:09 pm

glendayle wrote:I don't expect Ute fans to give us respect. The only way to get it is to win. Especially after last weeks SUU results. Now if we had gone on the road and looked good and won a game against a mid level P5 team or even a solid G5 team they might not be so confident. Even Hans who is usually pretty reasonable about USU called a 38-10 Utah win.
I understand the confidence and Hans choosing them to win. But he either seriously overestimates Utah's offense, or underestimates USU defense if he thinks they'll score 38 on us. I'd be absolutely shocked if they put up that many points.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

glendayle

Post by glendayle » September 11th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Well, Utah had 3 INTs last week including a pick 6. They also have a pretty respectable punter. He didn't say all of those points would come from Offense. There are a lot of ways that points can be scored. I personally am not that worried about our D giving up a ton of points, but if they are getting the ball on turnovers and getting the ball on punts inside our end of the field, it can get ugly very fast.

superaggie

Post by superaggie » September 11th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
This was also said about Tennessee. We saw how that turned out. I think we have comparable talent at a few positions, but overall Utah has better talent.
As much hubris as you guys are showing you better blow us out.

When your second and third best player are your kickers, you guys are sure riding the Salt lake tribune hype train. That was the same paper that said BYU had the best wide receivers in the country a couple of years ago. I don't think we are more talented than you. I think that if we do not turn the ball over and limit penalty mistakes that we will have a shot to win.

I still expect to win this game. I am allowed to expect to win this game. This is an Aggie message board. We do not need to be reminded that tax payers paid for your stadium and set you up for football success. I wish you guys the best of travels to tax payer stadium tonight to watch the game. I wish I could go and hear all about the worst roommate you had in college (your mom). I would also love to hear about the worst apartment you lived in while attending school (your moms basement).

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 11th, 2015, 2:41 pm

superaggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Ahbye wrote:

When your second and third best player are your kickers, you guys are sure riding the Salt lake tribune hype train. That was the same paper that said BYU had the best wide receivers in the country a couple of years ago. I don't think we are more talented than you. I think that if we do not turn the ball over and limit penalty mistakes that we will have a shot to win.

I still expect to win this game. I am allowed to expect to win this game. This is an Aggie message board. We do not need to be reminded that tax payers paid for your stadium and set you up for football success. I wish you guys the best of travels to tax payer stadium tonight to watch the game. I wish I could go and hear all about the worst roommate you had in college (your mom). I would also love to hear about the worst apartment you lived in while attending school (your moms basement).
So you think I'm a Ute fan and went to Utah huh? Admitting that another team is more talented than yours is not hubris either. I don't exactly know what caused this little outburst.I agree with you, the Aggies have a great shot at winning.
Last edited by Madmartigan on September 11th, 2015, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superaggie

Post by superaggie » September 11th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
superaggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Ahbye wrote:

So you think I'm a Ute fan and went to Utah huh? Admitting that another team is more talented than yours is not hubris either. I don't exactly know what caused this little outburst.
Sorry, read your post wrong. I thought it said "I am a Ute fan" I just want this game to be played. Tired of SL media. Tired of pac 12 pimping. If we happen to win this game, I think I will spend all day Monday on twitter talking trash to SL media and especially 1280 the zone.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 11th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Ahbye wrote:
With Jojo being gone, Sharp out, and the status of Swindall unclear, the WR thing is no where close to being true. With how things have looked for our qb's last 4 games, I also don't give us the QB advantage either. I also have no clue how one thinks we're better in the secondary? :headscratch:

I'm going to guess you haven't watched many utah football games recently?

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 11th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Reverse roles- what if Utah had barely beaten SUU last week and we'd beaten any P5 school at home. We'd be feeling pretty confident and would probably be mocking Utah somewhat.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » September 11th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Did anyone else actually watch Michigan last week? Their QB was awful. I'll bet they barely become bowl eligible at 6-6.

Let's stop pretending that a flashy tradition, name, coach, and uniform (gorgeous, btw) yield a great team.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » September 11th, 2015, 3:09 pm

918AGG wrote:
Did anyone else actually watch Michigan last week? Their QB was awful. I'll bet they barely become bowl eligible at 6-6.

Let's stop pretending that a flashy tradition, name, coach, and uniform (gorgeous, btw) yield a great team.
Great uniforms.

We only have to wait 4ish hours to find out what's up.

GO AGGIES!!!

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

UtesAggs>BYU

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » September 11th, 2015, 3:10 pm

918AGG wrote:

And yet somehow...some way...he was infinitely better than Keeton was vs. an FCS school...2.6 QBR really?? :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/page/3

Full

Post by Full » September 11th, 2015, 3:44 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
918AGG wrote:

And yet somehow...some way...he was infinitely better than Keeton was vs. an FCS school...2.6 QBR really?? :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

I've never seen anyone havae a bad game.... :joking:
[youtube][/youtube]

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 11th, 2015, 3:57 pm

The Ute site looks like they haven't updated it since 1995. Good heavens.

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

glendayle

Post by glendayle » September 11th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:The Ute site looks like they haven't updated it since 1995. Good heavens.
PAC-12!!!

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » September 11th, 2015, 4:08 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
918AGG wrote:

Yep, there are multiple levels of awful. There's plain old awful, and there is the certain level of awful that is reserved for Chuckie's performance against SUU... nearly valueless levels of production awful. Rudock's QBR after week one is smack dab in the middle of mediocrity at 50.2, my point exactly.

I think that the Aggs have a non-zero chance of winning tonight. We'll see what happens. :scotsman:

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

TheOpportunity

Post by TheOpportunity » September 11th, 2015, 4:20 pm

918AGG wrote:

Not saying Michigan is a great team at all. However, if we pulled off that win we would all be doing back flips. Whether they are a good team or not, that would be a marquee win for the program, and any program would be happy to snag one like that. Can't fault them for being excited about that. Just having a team like that coming in to your stadium is huge, let alone getting a win.

Locked Previous topicNext topic