Best hire in college football right now?????

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
twizzler
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best hire in college football right now?????

Post by twizzler » October 21st, 2011, 2:50 pm

I think Petersen is going to end up in Arizona!

Just throwing this question out there, who would be a better hire in college football right now than Peteresen? (The only guy I can come up with is Urban Meyer.)

Any thoughts?

GUS

Re: Best hire in college football right now?????

Post by GUS » October 21st, 2011, 3:05 pm

Wisconsin has a pretty good coach. If I were Texas or another school with more funds than Wisconsin, I would look at him. Somewhere I read that Arizona is also looking at the coach of LaTech.

BRuss804

Post by BRuss804 » October 21st, 2011, 3:47 pm

If Petersen's at or near the top of everyone's coaching list, and I think he is, then why would be go to Arizona? I think he'll hold out for one of the real premium jobs.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » October 21st, 2011, 3:49 pm

Petersen is great though. But so was Hawkins when he was at Boise St., and then he looked horrible coaching Colorado. I don't see Petersen taking the Arizona job seeing he's passed down better opportunities already. But you never know, maybe he thinks it'd be a fun project to try and rebuild that program.

Rich Rodriguez and Mike Leech are also out there looking for work.
Last edited by UtahStizzle on October 21st, 2011, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

JasonJensen

Post by JasonJensen » October 21st, 2011, 3:50 pm

I've always wondered if he'll be a coach like Stew or even Whittingham. He makes a hell of a living, especially for Boise. And he's the King in his town. Why mess it up? Even though I really think he could have Urban Meyer like success.

NIrishAg

Post by NIrishAg » October 21st, 2011, 4:26 pm

I highly doubt Petersen is going to go anywhere for a long time. And if he is, it definitely isn't to Arizona. No way he leaves a great thing at Boise to try and rebuild a crappy BCS school that has really never been that good to begin with.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » October 22nd, 2011, 12:50 am

I am not so sure that Petersen would go. He has seen Koetter fall on his face, and he has seen Hawkins fall on his face, plus Houston Nutt hasn't done all that well in the places he's gone after Boise. Chris Petersen would be smarter to stay in Boise and enjoy the ride. Hell, how much more than 2 million a year so you need in Boise, Idaho??

blues bro

Post by blues bro » October 22nd, 2011, 7:39 am

I think there are a few great coaches who have come into the fold as of recent. But i think Petersen would be a great fit for Cal. He went to school just down the road, he recruits heavily in that area, Cal is building a new stadium, his offense fits the Cal mold and it is a step up with a whole bunch of upside if he wins.Not to mention an academic jewel which BSU will never be.

Locked Previous topicNext topic