Dogs Fans very concerned

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Machismo

Dogs Fans very concerned

Post by Machismo » October 11th, 2011, 2:09 pm

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=164&f=1686&t=806883
They believe they will have to score over 35 to win this game. They have no faith in their D to stop us. Check out the " I'm really afraid of the Utah State Game thread" I LUV IT!! :rock:

ViAggie

Re: Dogs Fans very concerned

Post by ViAggie » October 11th, 2011, 2:30 pm

That can't be good. Wyoming fans and Weber fans were sure they were going to just have their way with us. It's the guys who always say we're going to beat them that I start worrying about. But I'm not stupersticious so... no knocking on wood for me, just hope we "lay the wood" in Fresno! I will be there!

GO AGGIES!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » October 11th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Expect to win, work like you want it, play like you want it. Walk out to the bus, fly home after another double digit win. That is what could happen. Fresno is still very much a hot and cold team though. I certainly hope we continue to do as well as we have on offense. We also need to keep up the pressure on D. All of the remaining games are there for the taking if we want it bad enough.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » October 11th, 2011, 5:02 pm

It is a unique experience being favored against one of the traditionally better WAC teams. Not sure how to react?

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » October 11th, 2011, 5:51 pm

They should be scared, and I think we'll score around 35 points. So yes, they'll need to score more than that.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

5150dogfan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 5150dogfan » October 11th, 2011, 8:51 pm

I suggest you look at the forum on the Barkboard just below the one mentioned in this thread.....That is calling the Dogs to win out...

I guess it would depend which team shows up, but just thought Id sahre there is more then one train of thought in Bulldog Country...

BTW-We dont have faith that are D could stop your cheer squad let alone your O, so don't read to much into that....Are question is wether our O will start to click or not....The talent is there they just need to turn it on...

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » October 11th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Thanks for coming over here Dogfan. You going to the game on Saturday? How are you feeling about it, and how are you feeling about your coach?

I'm stoked for the game... Here's to hoping both teams go injury free.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 11th, 2011, 9:02 pm

BobWilson wrote:It is a unique experience being favored against one of the traditionally better WAC teams. Not sure how to react?

We should go in expecting a dog fight, no pun intended. Fresno has been very strong for 30+ years, and we are just beginning the climb back to respectability. This game should be brutal, and I believe we will have to play our very best to prevail. Turnovers can be such a liability........remember Colorado State.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Re: Dogs Fans very concerned

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 11th, 2011, 11:03 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
BobWilson wrote:It is a unique experience being favored against one of the traditionally better WAC teams. Not sure how to react?

We should go in expecting a dog fight, no pun intended. Fresno has been very strong for 30+ years, and we are just beginning the climb back to respectability. This game should be brutal, and I believe we will have to play our very best to prevail. Turnovers can be such a liability........remember Colorado State.
You intended that pun.

Posted from my Android

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 11th, 2011, 11:12 pm

FU is all hype with nothing to back it up for years. Seriously, what have they done? They are a team that always highly regarded that ends up 6-6 and shows poorly in a bowl game. What have they won, like 1 WAC championship?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Re: Dogs Fans very concerned

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 11th, 2011, 11:28 pm

dyedblue wrote:FU is all hype with nothing to back it up for years. Seriously, what have they done? They are a team that always highly regarded that ends up 6-6 and shows poorly in a bowl game. What have they won, like 1 WAC championship?
Didn't they almost beat usc once?

Posted from my Android

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 12th, 2011, 6:13 am

They almost beat the Reggie Bush, Matt Leinhart USC. Man those guys have disappointed in the NFL.

5150dogfan

Post by 5150dogfan » October 12th, 2011, 8:52 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:Thanks for coming over here Dogfan. You going to the game on Saturday? How are you feeling about it, and how are you feeling about your coach?

Yeah Ill be there through thick and thin.....I actually feel pretty good about the game......I think this game is going to come down to the USU DB's.....If your DB's can contain the two fastest WR's to ever play at Fresno (as BSU did) then you guys will get the W.

But let these guys get in a rythm with Carr and there will be a lot of points scored and quickly.....I think we match up much better to USU then we did against BSU or Mackey and Co (who btw was not the QB for Ole Miss until Fresno).

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » October 12th, 2011, 9:10 am

5150dogfan wrote:
BLUERUFiO wrote:Thanks for coming over here Dogfan. You going to the game on Saturday? How are you feeling about it, and how are you feeling about your coach?

Yeah Ill be there through thick and thin.....I actually feel pretty good about the game......I think this game is going to come down to the USU DB's.....If your DB's can contain the two fastest WR's to ever play at Fresno (as BSU did) then you guys will get the W.

But let these guys get in a rythm with Carr and there will be a lot of points scored and quickly.....I think we match up much better to USU then we did against BSU or Mackey and Co (who btw was not the QB for Ole Miss until Fresno).
Good thing our DB's are speedsters too, Soph CB Nevin Lawson will be an NFL draft pick in a couple years.

I think both teams will put up points but our defense will get a few more stops then yours, which will be the difference. If we turn the ball over or make stupid mistakes it will make the game close, but if we play like we know we can...Aggies take this by double digits

astroman31

Post by astroman31 » October 12th, 2011, 9:35 am

The one big problem Wyoming had (and they had lots of problems) was they couldn't keep up with USU's speed. Their defense was a couple steps behind the whole game, to understate it. I've never seen a faster USU team, though I've seen lots of slow ones through the years. But this Aggie team has an accelerator, that even caught Auburn by surprise. Thus, Fresno will do better than Wyoming (heck, Weber did better than Wyoming) because they have some speed to work with. The Aggie secondary has improved greatly since the Auburn game, and they are fast. The Aggie pass rush is a concern, and for whatever reason, we don't generate very many turnovers.

Last year, Fresno's lockdown of our WR corp was the difference in the game - along with a crucial 4th Q blocked punt. Our WR couldn't do anything and once Fresno had the lead the game was over. We do have a much improved set of receivers, and I do not know if Fresno has their secondary intact from last year. I just remembered how physical they were, and our receivers last year couldn't deal with it.

Other than that, I'm uncertain how to quantify this game. I'm just haven't watched Fresno much to know what their issues have been. My understanding is Ole Miss put in a different QB than who played against BYU, and the new QB seemed to do very well.

5150dogfan

Post by 5150dogfan » October 12th, 2011, 10:42 am

Astro,
Our DB's are all 2nd, 3rd, string guys....We have lost the starters to injury that is why our D stats look like they do, as long as you can keep Harrel (Guys a beast) off of your QB you will score....We lost our best D player (Starting Safety the week before week 1 with a broken leg, then his back up with a hs injury, then the other safety with a broken arm, the list goes on and on.....I wouldn't be to concerned with your O they will score....This game will come down to your D, If you dont get pressure on Carr he will disect a secondary!

ragnarh77

Post by ragnarh77 » October 12th, 2011, 10:57 am

5150dogfan wrote:Astro,
Our DB's are all 2nd, 3rd, string guys....We have lost the starters to injury that is why our D stats look like they do, as long as you can keep Harrel (Guys a beast) off of your QB you will score....We lost our best D player (Starting Safety the week before week 1 with a broken leg, then his back up with a hs injury, then the other safety with a broken arm, the list goes on and on.....I wouldn't be to concerned with your O they will score....This game will come down to your D, If you dont get pressure on Carr he will disect a secondary!
Dogfan,

I love a reasonable, knowledgeable message board post. I participate in pro-basketball message boards mostly, and you have some freaking idiots on there posting, so I always enjoy someone that brings reason to a message board, especially when opposing teams fans come on here. Welcome any time.

Just thought, I'd say that. There are not enough reasonable fans on message boards.

Locked Previous topicNext topic