Hart MIA

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
BLaggie
Posts: 204
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hart MIA

Post by BLaggie » August 16th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Hart was no where to be found today. the only QB's were CK AK, and #13 (he was not even dressed down). I wonder if he had his Gall Bladder out today? Anyone know where he went? I wonder if he sees the writing on the wall, and pulled a Camron Higgins.



IBleedAggieBlue
Posts: 161
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » August 16th, 2011, 7:37 pm

I believe that Gary in his interview said that Hart's tonsills have cauded him to lose 20-30 pounds and he has been a bit sick.

I think that if it's serious, he's out for a while.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2282
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 16th, 2011, 9:05 pm

IBleedAggieBlue wrote:I believe that Gary in his interview said that Hart's tonsills have cauded him to lose 20-30 pounds and he has been a bit sick.

I think that if it's serious, he's out for a while.

Adult tonsilitis can be brutal. My daughter in law had her tonsils out and she was two (2) full weeks getting back to 'sub standard', and she lost weight from a frame that really didn't have the weight to drop.

Be patient with this issue regarding Hart. Also be aware that a player in practice for just 3 weeks must be SUPERMAN to even be considered for a starting QB position at a D1 school. Or is our program just that lame? Think about it folks.



Agzrule
Posts: 882
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by Agzrule » August 16th, 2011, 10:34 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
IBleedAggieBlue wrote:I believe that Gary in his interview said that Hart's tonsills have cauded him to lose 20-30 pounds and he has been a bit sick.

I think that if it's serious, he's out for a while.

Adult tonsilitis can be brutal. My daughter in law had her tonsils out and she was two (2) full weeks getting back to 'sub standard', and she lost weight from a frame that really didn't have the weight to drop.

Be patient with this issue regarding Hart. Also be aware that a player in practice for just 3 weeks must be SUPERMAN to even be considered for a starting QB position at a D1 school. Or is our program just that lame? Think about it folks.

Not sure what has happened with you Navy, you used to be a strong positive presence in these parts. Hope all in your private life is going well. As to your question, Keeton is pretty darn good.



User avatar
jackmormon
RIP
Posts: 10564
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by jackmormon » August 17th, 2011, 9:55 am

Agzrule wrote:
NavyBlueAggie wrote:
IBleedAggieBlue wrote:I believe that Gary in his interview said that Hart's tonsills have cauded him to lose 20-30 pounds and he has been a bit sick.

I think that if it's serious, he's out for a while.

Adult tonsilitis can be brutal. My daughter in law had her tonsils out and she was two (2) full weeks getting back to 'sub standard', and she lost weight from a frame that really didn't have the weight to drop.

Be patient with this issue regarding Hart. Also be aware that a player in practice for just 3 weeks must be SUPERMAN to even be considered for a starting QB position at a D1 school. Or is our program just that lame? Think about it folks.

Not sure what has happened with you Navy, you used to be a strong positive presence in these parts. Hope all in your private life is going well. As to your question, Keeton is pretty darn good.
I'm not sure why when someone expresses their honest opinion that may not live up to the exuberance that you may be experiencing, why their state of emotional well being needs to be called into question. There was another poster a couple of weeks ago who expressed doubt as to whether Rueben Thomas would make it to camp who was called a Debbie Downer and bitter.

Navy has been a lifelong supporter of Aggie football in every way possible. He is one of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to football. He has a legitimate concern that folks should at the very least give some credence to. I on the other hand, am a freaking homer all the way. I am excited as hell to see what Keeton can do this year! :)



User avatar
ryanolsen
Posts: 820
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hart MIA

Post by ryanolsen » August 17th, 2011, 12:53 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:Also be aware that a player in practice for just 3 weeks must be SUPERMAN to even be considered for a starting QB position at a D1 school. Or is our program just that lame? Think about it folks.
Remind me what happened with ybu last year and who their QB was . And who is it that has at least a decent chance of being the QB for Auburn in just over 2 weeks? Yes they were more highly rated coming out of HS but still. Just because we haven't done it recently doesn't mean it isn't ok. Besides, I wouldn't consider our program of the last 20 years anything to base another program on.



WildcatsnAggies
Posts: 7
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 11:43 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hart MIA

Post by WildcatsnAggies » August 17th, 2011, 1:12 pm

Does anybody know anything about Ben Longshore? I knows he's on the roster, but I haven't heard much.



NoCalAggie
Posts: 30
Joined: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hart MIA

Post by NoCalAggie » August 17th, 2011, 1:55 pm

WildcatsnAggies wrote:Does anybody know anything about Ben Longshore? I knows he's on the roster, but I haven't heard much.
Apparently he showed up the day before practices started and wanted to know how many first team reps he was gonna be getting and he was told he would be scout team. That wasn't what they wanted to hear so I guess he just decided to bag it. I have no problem with this since he would need to prove himself first and then if he played great he would be given the opportunity.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12123
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 871 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by ViAggie » August 17th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Seems odd that Longshore signed with us, went on a Mission, came back, decided not to play, then decided TO play, then decided not to play again. Geeze! College FB is College FB, just be happy you make the da*m team!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ryanolsen
Posts: 820
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hart MIA

Post by ryanolsen » August 17th, 2011, 6:07 pm

I must have missed where Longshore was on the roster... What roster are you looking at?



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17947
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 938 times
Been thanked: 986 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by NVAggie » August 17th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Damn, Longshore was the future. You know his bro played at Cal right? At the end of the day, he just didn't want to compete for the job.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2282
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 17th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Just for the record, Chuckie will be a very good D1 player barring injuries. I want him to succeed, even to prevail. If he plays much QB this season it will be due to the failure of incumbent QBs. History does not grade Freshmen highly, and even underclassmen are often dismal at QB. I refer to Tony Adams and Eric Hipple........check out their Sophomore records folks.

Chuckie will play this season, perhaps more than had been planned. This team is the best Aggie team (pre season mind you) in 15+ years. In two more years, if the progress continues, we should expect to see Aggie Football much like it was in the 60s and part of the 70s. Been a whale of a long time waiting for this.



JasonJensen
Posts: 1154
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 7:46 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hart MIA

Post by JasonJensen » August 17th, 2011, 7:03 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:Just for the record, Chuckie will be a very good D1 player barring injuries. I want him to succeed, even to prevail. If he plays much QB this season it will be due to the failure of incumbent QBs. History does not grade Freshmen highly, and even underclassmen are often dismal at QB. I refer to Tony Adams and Eric Hipple........check out their Sophomore records folks.

Chuckie will play this season, perhaps more than had been planned. This team is the best Aggie team (pre season mind you) in 15+ years. In two more years, if the progress continues, we should expect to see Aggie Football much like it was in the 60s and part of the 70s. Been a whale of a long time waiting for this.
:utah: :state: :scotsman:

Where's the beer emoticon?



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by dyedblue » August 17th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Image


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
ryanolsen
Posts: 820
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hart MIA

Post by ryanolsen » August 17th, 2011, 7:15 pm

The problem is the incumbent QB's. We don't have those. We have a QB that has the experience of 1 spring session and a true freshman right now. I'm not expecting a change in that, at least for awhile. If this had to happen to a team, it's good that it's this team, this year with all the other weapons we have. As long as the OL can play decent, whoever is under center should be at the least serviceable.



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7384
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: Hart MIA

Post by GeoAg » August 17th, 2011, 10:07 pm

I tihnk Longshore will join teh roster once schools starts. We are lonly able to take a limited number to camp (105) and can go up to 113 once schools starts. I think Longshore, or another QB will show up at that time.

As far as Hart, I hope he can get healthy and get back soon. I believe he will get his opportunity to play as long as he keeps working hard.


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

Locked Previous topicNext topic