Being old connected to being realistic???

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Your age, and how many games on the schedule do you accept as losses?

40 or under, We have a chance at winning every game
6%
41 or over, We have a chance at winning every game
3%
30 or under, 1-2 certain losses on the schedule
16%
31-50, 1-2 certain losses on the schedule
13%
51 or over, 1-2 certain losses on the schedule
3%
30 or under, 3-4 certain losses on the schedule
19%
31-50, 3-4 certain losses on the schedule
10%
51 or over, 3-4 certain losses on the schedule
6%
30 or under, 5 or more certain losses on the schedule
3%
31 or over, 5 or more certain losses on the schedule
19%

Total votes: 31

GameFAQSAggie

Being old connected to being realistic???

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Do you think that getting old can cause some of you to be realistic with Aggie football,ie, accepting some games on the schedule as losses, while some of the younger folks can tend to think we have a chance at winning every game? Or do you think that there are just as many young folks that are realistic, or old folks that take the approach the players do with thinking we can win every game? To get an idea, answer how old you are and how realistic you are. How many games on the schedule you are pretty much accepting as losses? Not getting into how many games you think are doable, within reach, but will be tough, but how many you think we have no chance of winning?

Quelch

Re: Being old connected to being realistic???

Post by Quelch » July 25th, 2011, 5:31 pm

GFA, you are very funny! As by the results of your poll, I do not think that you can conclude anything about age with regard to the poll. When your team loses all if not most of the time, you begin to realize that your team just sucks. It was the team that you were assigned in the pre-existence and there isn't a damn thing that you can do about.

I wouldn't guess that with your dad going to work in Washington, you will not become a Husky Fan.

You don't have enough of a sample with the poll either.

Face it GFA, we will be very lucky to reach .500 ball this year. I predict that like in past years, we will not reach that mark. I will be very happy to be wrong. Now look at MidNightRider, he is older than me and he thinks that we will win a lot of games every year. I would be interested to see what his guess is for this year. I would think somewhere around 8 wins. Now does anyone really believe that we will or even can get 8 wins?

Bananablue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bananablue » July 26th, 2011, 11:03 am

Quelch wrote: It was the team that you were assigned in the pre-existence and there isn't a damn thing that you can do about it.

Well said, Quelch. That's just how it is.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » July 26th, 2011, 1:45 pm

I guess for me it depended on what you mean by "certain losses"... Do I think we'll only lose 1-2 games? Of course not... I think we'll lose 4-6... but I also wouldn't go as far to say that a lot of the games we lose will be "certain" losses...

Looking at next years basketball schedule, I dont see ANY team that we cannot beat. Maybe @ Mississippi State.. but I don't think its a game where we CANT win..

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 26th, 2011, 2:47 pm

[quote="Imakeitrain"]I guess for me it depended on what you mean by "certain losses"... Do I think we'll only lose 1-2 games? Of course not... I think we'll lose 4-6... but I also wouldn't go as far to say that a lot of the games we lose will be "certain" losses...

[quote]

Exactly that's what I meant. I similarly don't think we'll only lose 1-2 games, and will instead lose 4-7, but don't think there are alot of games we will "certainly" lose. For me, just Hawaii, based on the way we played against them last year, and that's it. I meant to ask how many games you think we have no chance of winning, not how many games you think we will lose. Of course we will lose some of the games we have a chance of winning.

Locked Previous topicNext topic