You be the recruiter

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Tchei
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

You be the recruiter

Post by Tchei » July 19th, 2011, 10:56 am

Ok, here's an exercise for the offseason. Imagine you're a recruiter for the football team going after the best talent you can find. What do you say to them to get them to come to Logan over their other offers? For simplicity, let's assume we're talking to kids who's top 3 choices are BYU, Utah, and USU.

I think this is a good way to focus on what makes USU standout as an institution. It's kind of a twist on the "What do you love about USU?" question.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: You be the recruiter

Post by BigBlueDart » July 19th, 2011, 11:18 am

Have an Aggiette or cheerleader carry your briefcase for you whenever you visit a recruit's home. Done deal.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » July 19th, 2011, 11:50 am

Do you know who I am? Do you? Of course you do, I'm a famous football coach. I can coach anywhere, yet I choose to coach at USU. Why? Well, because the NCAA doesn't pick up on me paying kids to come play for me because it is freaking Utah State. Also, because I really like Logan. I love Logan. I love USU. Now, let me introduce you to my newest assistant coach, Willie Lyles....

aggieblood

Post by aggieblood » July 19th, 2011, 11:58 am

We have the best ice cream in the state! Pure nirvana.

Go Aggies!

USUNLV

Post by USUNLV » July 19th, 2011, 12:23 pm

Here's $100,000 and the keys to a new BMW.

Tchei

Post by Tchei » July 19th, 2011, 2:14 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:Do you know who I am? Do you? Of course you do, I'm a famous football coach. I can coach anywhere, yet I choose to coach at USU. Why? Well, because the NCAA doesn't pick up on me paying kids to come play for me because it is freaking Utah State. Also, because I really like Logan. I love Logan. I love USU. Now, let me introduce you to my newest assistant coach, Willie Lyles....
This is a great approach. I think it should be followed with, "Oops, it looks like someone dropped a bunch of money. Is this yours?"

superaggie

Post by superaggie » July 19th, 2011, 11:48 pm

1) Great Academics
2) Our Players Graduate
3) Safe place to send your son
4) I have seen alot of Campuses and USU is still one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen.
5) The girls are beautiful at USU
6) The spectrum
7) Gary Anderson
8) What it means to an Aggie and part of our community

Anderson has been able to recruit higher quality of athletes because he sees USU the same way I do. It is a great place to go to school and grow up and become a man. It is beautiful and has potential. If Anderson did not believe in USU's potential he would not have taken the job. He says it all the time, USU sells itself. It just needed a sales man to open people's eyes.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » July 20th, 2011, 6:50 am

I'd throw off some questions

Do you enjoy not having an investigator watch you in your bedroom?
Are you interested in actually having playing time?
You realize I've turned players worst than you pro?
Do you look stupid in red?

Twitter: UtahStizzle

FatAg

Post by FatAg » July 20th, 2011, 7:43 am

So you have an offer from the swine down south huh? Here's my take on it buddy........

If you're in college and you're sober, you're doing it wrong. USU invented, patented, and perfected tequila Tuesday! ybu? get that weak shiz out of here. When you nail a hot piece of poon tang up here, you get to brag about it to your buddies. Down south there is no nailing of hot poon tang, instead its like a ComicCon meets Magic the Gathering tournament all day everyday. Nothing but balding, middle aged virgins running around. Plus I heard their O-Lineman pee on your leg in the shower.

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » July 20th, 2011, 9:13 am

I think we have to sell the program on the opportunity to play right away, especially with JC transfers. We have to sell it on Andersen being here long term. Of course we have to go after the highly rated kids, especially in state, and we may get a few of those, but not many. So we have to do a couple of things when going after recruits. We have to focus on kids who fit into what we do, and we have to work extremely hard to focus on kids who have a big upside, and who develop later and are overlooked by bigger programs who focus mainly on the highly rated kids. Boise State was very good at getting kids who were overlooked by the big programs, and who fit what they were doing. IMO that's what we need to do.

Locked Previous topicNext topic