NAR: Terrelle Pryor

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

NAR: Terrelle Pryor

Post by aggies22 » June 7th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Prior has decided in the best interests of his teammates to forego his senior season at Ohio State. hmmm.

dyedblue

Re: NAR: Terrelle Pryor

Post by dyedblue » June 7th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Yeah, good thing Tressel promised they would all be back. It's too bad the NCAA doesn't have the balls to give The Ohio State University the death penalty.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » June 7th, 2011, 10:54 pm

The NCAA never should have given those suspensions for next season. This is the dumbest penelty I hope I ever see.

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » June 8th, 2011, 6:03 am

It's always the same story in these cases. These big schools cheat their way to getting the best athletes, win a bowl game or Nat'l Championship, get caught, key individuals take off, wins abandoned. The whole USC thing is a crock. They will continue to enjoy the fruits of those Reggie Bush years. In the end, they profit by cheating. OSU is the same thing. Auburn will be as well. All of these programs are profitting by cheating. They have all the hype for those year, ticket sales, TV deals, etc. At the end of the day, they still have the money and still were able to celebrate victory. If it wasn't for the Aggies, I would probably completely disconnect myself from college sports.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » June 8th, 2011, 8:14 am

Should USC be required to repay the payout from the 3 BCS bowls they are vacating? Hit 'em in the pocket book. What say ye?
Last edited by dyedblue on June 8th, 2011, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 8th, 2011, 8:20 am

dyedblue wrote:Should USC be required to repair the payout from the 3 BCS bowls they are vacating? Hit 'em in the pocket book. What say ye?
Yes. But who does the $$ go to?

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » June 8th, 2011, 8:49 am

treesap32 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:Should USC be required to repair the payout from the 3 BCS bowls they are vacating? Hit 'em in the pocket book. What say ye?
Yes. But who does the $$ go to?
I guarantee you no non-BCS school would see a nickel of that $$. However, that's not to say that it isn't a bad idea, Dyed... OSU should also be required to payback the $$ made from their BCS bowl appearances that Pryor participated in and that OSU will also vacate in the future, imho.

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » June 8th, 2011, 8:55 am

dyedblue wrote:Should USC be required to repay the payout from the 3 BCS bowls they are vacating? Hit 'em in the pocket book. What say ye?
They need to give these schools the death penalty. If they had to be concerned about the death penalty, then they'd spend more money to hire compliance officials. In other words, they'd take a small portion of their $100 million athletic budget and pay for more compliance officials to keep track of the issues and the student athletes.

I guarantee that no bcs school wants the death penalty. That said, the bcs pays the NCAA's bills via the NCAA tournament.

USUinventedswagger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by USUinventedswagger » June 8th, 2011, 5:53 pm

dyedblue wrote:Yeah, good thing Tressel promised they would all be back. It's too bad the NCAA doesn't have the balls to give The Ohio State University the death penalty.
The Death penalty? Wow, if you were running the NCAA many schools would lose their football.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » June 8th, 2011, 8:05 pm

The Death penalty is harsh, but if USC got what they got for one athlete what does Ohio State deserve? If you nail Ohio State it sends a clear message that you cannot run a rogue program with no control. Either the NCAA needs to get out and let college football run as a for profit business and let these guys do whatever they want or they need to take control back. Ohio State has gone much further than any University I can think of. It is not just a player here or milk and cookies there. We are talking major, major violations and then a cover up to hide them. If you nail Ohio State and ban them from football for 5 years other programs will be scared Jimmerless. Right now they are all getting a slap on the wrist and they all know the NCAA will all but look the other way.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » June 8th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Does anyone believe its just Ohio State? Does anyone believe that no NFL teams are talking to free agents or players during the lockout? For someone who loves sports as much as I do, it saddens me to see how tainted things have become in sports.

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

USUinventedswagger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by USUinventedswagger » June 10th, 2011, 12:01 pm

I guarantee it was more than one athlete with USC. Joe Mcknight was likely paid. You don't drive a 40,000 dollar car as a poor college student if were you weren't. Many others likely were too.

This isn't just Ohio State. The SEC is more crooked than the Cosa Nostra. It is a college football problem, not one school.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

Locked Previous topicNext topic