WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
jpswensen
Posts: 1678
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 282 times
Contact:

WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by jpswensen » July 23rd, 2021, 3:27 pm

Apparently he is skipping the PAC-12 media days because they require a vaccination and he doesn't want to get vaccinated. The AD and President have gone public via social media about the matter and the athletic department seems to be leaking like a sieve with leaks from employees about the disfunction between Chun and Rolovich.

I hope this doesn't put the game in jeopardy, but they might have a different (interim/acting) head coach on the sidelines if he refuses to budge.


Work expands to fill the time allotted.

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1615
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Sl7vk » July 23rd, 2021, 3:33 pm

Rolovich can't seem to get out of his own way.



stang
Posts: 897
Joined: January 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by stang » July 23rd, 2021, 3:49 pm

Ehhh. This doesn't seem like a "pissing match" to me, in fact, it seems like the administration has been somewhat supportive of him. I'm very, very pro-vaccine and I think everyone should get one, but at the same time it's his choice. So as long as he's willing to go through regular testing and mask wearing and all of the other protocols that are in place, that's fine. If he's not willing to adhere to those safety measures that's a different story.



jpswensen
Posts: 1678
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 282 times
Contact:

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by jpswensen » July 23rd, 2021, 3:51 pm

stang wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 3:49 pm
Ehhh. This doesn't seem like a "pissing match" to me, in fact, it seems like the administration has been somewhat supportive of him. I'm very, very pro-vaccine and I think everyone should get one, but at the same time it's his choice. So as long as he's willing to go through regular testing and mask wearing and all of the other protocols that are in place, that's fine. If he's not willing to adhere to those safety measures that's a different story.
https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 168083775/


Work expands to fill the time allotted.

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6320
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 23rd, 2021, 3:53 pm

jpswensen wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 3:27 pm
Apparently he is skipping the PAC-12 media days because they require a vaccination and he doesn't want to get vaccinated. The AD and President have gone public via social media about the matter and the athletic department seems to be leaking like a sieve with leaks from employees about the disfunction between Chun and Rolovich.

I hope this doesn't put the game in jeopardy, but they might have a different (interim/acting) head coach on the sidelines if he refuses to budge.
And the different acting head coach could be a certain guy who was first fired by BYU then hired by Wells to the dismay of alot of us who were then proven right and reminded regularly why he was fired, but had Kyle and Kevin Whimpey defending him!



Aggie84025
Posts: 4061
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 1498 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Aggie84025 » July 23rd, 2021, 4:16 pm

stang wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 3:49 pm
Ehhh. This doesn't seem like a "pissing match" to me, in fact, it seems like the administration has been somewhat supportive of him. I'm very, very pro-vaccine and I think everyone should get one, but at the same time it's his choice. So as long as he's willing to go through regular testing and mask wearing and all of the other protocols that are in place, that's fine. If he's not willing to adhere to those safety measures that's a different story.
I agree, if he wants to follow all the protocols and testing then so be it. Do I think he is stupid, absolutely, just get the vaccine, but that is his decision.



jpswensen
Posts: 1678
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 282 times
Contact:

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by jpswensen » July 23rd, 2021, 7:42 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
stang wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 3:49 pm
Ehhh. This doesn't seem like a "pissing match" to me, in fact, it seems like the administration has been somewhat supportive of him. I'm very, very pro-vaccine and I think everyone should get one, but at the same time it's his choice. So as long as he's willing to go through regular testing and mask wearing and all of the other protocols that are in place, that's fine. If he's not willing to adhere to those safety measures that's a different story.
I agree, if he wants to follow all the protocols and testing then so be it. Do I think he is stupid, absolutely, just get the vaccine, but that is his decision.
I guess the problem is that they are requiring all students, staff, and professors be vaccinated for the fall semester. Does he get a pass because he is the second highest paid employee in the state?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Work expands to fill the time allotted.

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1615
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Sl7vk » July 23rd, 2021, 8:37 pm

jpswensen wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 7:42 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
stang wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 3:49 pm
Ehhh. This doesn't seem like a "pissing match" to me, in fact, it seems like the administration has been somewhat supportive of him. I'm very, very pro-vaccine and I think everyone should get one, but at the same time it's his choice. So as long as he's willing to go through regular testing and mask wearing and all of the other protocols that are in place, that's fine. If he's not willing to adhere to those safety measures that's a different story.
I agree, if he wants to follow all the protocols and testing then so be it. Do I think he is stupid, absolutely, just get the vaccine, but that is his decision.
I guess the problem is that they are requiring all students, staff, and professors be vaccinated for the fall semester. Does he get a pass because he is the second highest paid employee in the state?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.
He gets fired instead.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
GreenAg



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2851
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 2505 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by BLUERUFiO » July 24th, 2021, 11:27 am

For those attending the game: could we get a vaccinate chant going? “VAC-CI-NATE clap, clap, clapclapclap”


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1615
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Sl7vk » July 24th, 2021, 12:15 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 11:27 am
For those attending the game: could we get a vaccinate chant going? “VAC-CI-NATE clap, clap, clapclapclap”
Nick, Nick, fraid of a little prick, prick.



User avatar
IdaAg93
Posts: 1560
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SE Idaho...a perfect distance from the hive.
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by IdaAg93 » July 24th, 2021, 6:51 pm

Loads of respect for him. I like his style. It should never be mandated by any entity. Never! If others want it, then non-FDA approved vaccination, but don't make others. I've had covid, not getting it due to my own immunity. He very well might be in the same circumstance. I'm glad he's taking a stand for what he believes.
However, I've got my tickets to the game, right behind our bench!! Let's hope this doesn't get to sideways.
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post (total 4):
FloridaAggie13Slim80Agliciousslcagg



BobWilson
Posts: 947
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by BobWilson » July 25th, 2021, 10:09 am

Seems like a stretch but Spokane sports writer wonders if teams will refuse to play the Cougs. This year because of unvaccinated coach. Cal schools could be under some goofy mandate, who knows?
Last edited by BobWilson on July 25th, 2021, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post:
USU78



calaggie
Posts: 184
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:14 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by calaggie » July 25th, 2021, 11:20 am

A federal judge (trump appointee, no less) has already ruled that Indiana University can require all students and staff to be vaccinated (with some very limited exceptions). The WSU President should give him the option of getting vaccinated or finding another job.
These users thanked the author calaggie for the post (total 2):
GreenAgChowderAggie



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6320
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 25th, 2021, 11:36 am

BobWilson wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 10:09 am
Seems like a stretch but Spokane sports writer wonders if teams will refuse to play the Cougs. This year because of unvaccinated coach. Cal schools could be under some goofy, who knows?
We certainly should not do that and likely wont. The last thing we need is the population of the university and community that is more casual about football going off about the kids refusing to play two games in a row, and becoming more convinced the way we ended last year was the norm and less the aberration us hardcore fans like to think it was.

The other programs that did not have the fiasco last year we did can afford the bad PR from a refusal to play incident like we cant.



Aggie84025
Posts: 4061
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 1498 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Aggie84025 » July 25th, 2021, 12:43 pm

Not to make this thread sandboxy, but when are we going to just move on from COVID and not let it rule all our decisions? Now that there is a vaccine which is really effective at limiting someone against contracting the virus or if they do get it the vaccine reduces the symptoms of the virus. Everyone over the age of 12 can get the vaccine. The group below 12 is the group that is the least susceptible to have impact from the virus aside from the small number of immune compromised individuals.

To me we should just move on. The people that get the vaccine are protected and ones that don't want the vaccine are old enough to make the decision and know the consequences. I know it is different than the flu, but we never worry about someone getting a flu vaccine. I believe we are to the point to stop stressing about COVID. People that want the vaccine can get and ones that don't can make their decision as well. At some point we just need to move on. I am not pro vaccine or anti vaccine. I get the vaccines because the risk for me seems minor, but could care less if someone decides against it.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 5):
usugoalie13USU78IntermeddlerFloridaAggie13MrBiggle



AgMan21
Posts: 1523
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 250 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by AgMan21 » July 25th, 2021, 1:27 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:Not to make this thread sandboxy, but when are we going to just move on from COVID and not let it rule all our decisions? Now that there is a vaccine which is really effective at limiting someone against contracting the virus or if they do get it the vaccine reduces the symptoms of the virus. Everyone over the age of 12 can get the vaccine. The group below 12 is the group that is the least susceptible to have impact from the virus aside from the small number of immune compromised individuals.

To me we should just move on. The people that get the vaccine are protected and ones that don't want the vaccine are old enough to make the decision and know the consequences. I know it is different than the flu, but we never worry about someone getting a flu vaccine. I believe we are to the point to stop stressing about COVID. People that want the vaccine can get and ones that don't can make their decision as well. At some point we just need to move on. I am not pro vaccine or anti vaccine. I get the vaccines because the risk for me seems minor, but could care less if someone decides against it.
What about the ones that don’t get the vaccine that then lead to variants that then make the vaccine less effective? Just something to keep in mind. We act like the choices of other people don’t affect us (or that our actions don’t affect other people) but they can.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post (total 2):
calaggieGreenAg



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 3183 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by USU78 » July 25th, 2021, 1:38 pm

... like the choices of the unvaxxed and the already infected, tens of thousands every month, popping across the sieve of a border. Being transported by Border Patrol into our interior.

How'd the D varient get here and spread all over, I wonder?
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
FloridaAggie13


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 16229
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 983 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by brownjeans » July 25th, 2021, 3:17 pm

A guy chooses to not be vaccinated.
Why does that person need a mask and/or testing? To keep him safe? Isn't that up to him?
To keep vaccinated people safe from him? Shouldn't the vaccine do that?
Should we require all unvaccinated people to wear masks and submit to testing? So all children?
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 3):
USU78Slim80tjensen_25



AgMan21
Posts: 1523
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 250 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by AgMan21 » July 26th, 2021, 12:28 pm

brownjeans wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 3:17 pm
A guy chooses to not be vaccinated.
Why does that person need a mask and/or testing? To keep him safe? Isn't that up to him?
To keep vaccinated people safe from him? Shouldn't the vaccine do that?
Should we require all unvaccinated people to wear masks and submit to testing? So all children?
This seems to be assuming a world in which:

1) viruses don't mutate and thus make vaccines less effective; and,
2) all people are able to be vaccinated who want to be (which is not the case).
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post:
Sl7vk



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1615
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Sl7vk » July 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
July 26th, 2021, 12:28 pm
brownjeans wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 3:17 pm
A guy chooses to not be vaccinated.
Why does that person need a mask and/or testing? To keep him safe? Isn't that up to him?
To keep vaccinated people safe from him? Shouldn't the vaccine do that?
Should we require all unvaccinated people to wear masks and submit to testing? So all children?
This seems to be assuming a world in which:

1) viruses don't mutate and thus make vaccines less effective; and,
2) all people are able to be vaccinated who want to be (which is not the case).
I'll add another,

3) Sick non-vaccinated COVID patients don't suck resources up from those that need ICU space.
And this one is about to tip over.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1615
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Sl7vk » July 26th, 2021, 1:19 pm

I'll add one more thing to this thread...

Rolovich's stance feels eerily similar to how GA went about things last year.
Rolovich was dreadful last year and I think he understands that he's going to be even worse this year. Rather than talking about that, he gets to divert the subject and maybe earn himself a payout instead.
The less people are talking about his coaching, the better it is for him IMHO.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
BLUERUFiO



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2851
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 2505 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by BLUERUFiO » July 26th, 2021, 1:42 pm

I’m honestly not going to be surprised if we take them down this year and I’ll be there if it happens. :rock:
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post (total 2):
AgMan21ineptimusprime


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 16229
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 983 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by brownjeans » July 26th, 2021, 2:56 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
July 26th, 2021, 12:28 pm
brownjeans wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 3:17 pm
A guy chooses to not be vaccinated.
Why does that person need a mask and/or testing? To keep him safe? Isn't that up to him?
To keep vaccinated people safe from him? Shouldn't the vaccine do that?
Should we require all unvaccinated people to wear masks and submit to testing? So all children?
This seems to be assuming a world in which:

1) viruses don't mutate and thus make vaccines less effective; and,
2) all people are able to be vaccinated who want to be (which is not the case).
Not assuming either of these.
1) In a world where viruses mutate, all people are a danger, not just the unvaccinated who don't wear masks - so are you suggesting we ALL continue to wear masks? If so, until when?
2) Back to my previous question, should ALL unvaccinated people wear masks and get tested regularly, or is mask wearing and regular testing simply a punishment for people who we judge to not have a good reason for not being vaccinated - in which case mask wearing and testing is not about protection at all, but justice?
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
MrBiggle



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 16229
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 983 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by brownjeans » July 26th, 2021, 3:00 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
July 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm
brownjeans wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 3:17 pm
A guy chooses to not be vaccinated.
Why does that person need a mask and/or testing? To keep him safe? Isn't that up to him?
To keep vaccinated people safe from him? Shouldn't the vaccine do that?
Should we require all unvaccinated people to wear masks and submit to testing? So all children?
Sick non-vaccinated COVID patients suck resources up from those that need ICU space.
This is a fine reason. I assume then that you feel that ALL unvaccinated people should be required to wear masks and submit to regular testing?
How do you suggest we identify the unvaccinated? How do you suggested we enforce the requirement?



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1615
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Sl7vk » July 26th, 2021, 4:07 pm

brownjeans wrote:
July 26th, 2021, 3:00 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
July 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm
brownjeans wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 3:17 pm
A guy chooses to not be vaccinated.
Why does that person need a mask and/or testing? To keep him safe? Isn't that up to him?
To keep vaccinated people safe from him? Shouldn't the vaccine do that?
Should we require all unvaccinated people to wear masks and submit to testing? So all children?
Sick non-vaccinated COVID patients suck resources up from those that need ICU space.
This is a fine reason. I assume then that you feel that ALL unvaccinated people should be required to wear masks and submit to regular testing?
How do you suggest we identify the unvaccinated? How do you suggested we enforce the requirement?
I don't think this is the solution either. This is super complicated and if I had the solution I wouldn't be some schlep at a computer running his mouth.

If people are afraid of getting vaccinated, we've got to figure out a way of dealing with that. I think there are carrots and sticks, and I prefer carrots to sticks.

If it were me I'd lean to financial incentives for full vaccination. Maybe we should have repurposed these ridiculous stimulus checks into vaccination checks.

At the end of the day, I'm just grateful that social media didn't exist in 1944 because there's no way our boys would have stormed the beaches of Normandy. Civic duty, patriotism, and bravery are long since things of the past.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
brownjeans



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 3183 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by USU78 » July 26th, 2021, 4:31 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
July 26th, 2021, 4:07 pm
Civic duty, patriotism, and bravery are long since things of the past.
I'd open my veins right now if I truly believed that's the case.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20 Weekly
Posts: 1326
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Dwigt » July 27th, 2021, 11:29 am

USU78 wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 1:38 pm
... like the choices of the unvaxxed and the already infected, tens of thousands every month, popping across the sieve of a border. Being transported by Border Patrol into our interior.

How'd the D varient get here and spread all over, I wonder?
The Delta variant likely came from the UK, but I get that you won’t accept that since it doesn’t fit into your bias.


Me winning the ‘20 weekly pick’em was a complete fluke.

dirtnsnow
Posts: 405
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 175 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by dirtnsnow » July 27th, 2021, 11:30 am

Can we move this thread to the sandbox yet?


Aggies All the Way!

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 3183 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by USU78 » July 27th, 2021, 11:33 am

dirtnsnow wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 11:30 am
Can we move this thread to the sandbox yet?
Yeah, didn't we stake it already?


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 3183 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by USU78 » July 27th, 2021, 11:36 am

Dwigt wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 11:29 am
USU78 wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 1:38 pm
... like the choices of the unvaxxed and the already infected, tens of thousands every month, popping across the sieve of a border. Being transported by Border Patrol into our interior.

How'd the D varient get here and spread all over, I wonder?
The Delta variant likely came from the UK, but I get that you won’t accept that since it doesn’t fit into your bias.
Have you read about the infection and reinfection rates among Border Patrol folks? Do you honestly believe the trespassers are >10% vaccinated? What point are you making exactly, other than adhominemming?


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8316
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 423 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by BigBlueDart » July 27th, 2021, 2:03 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 6:51 pm
Loads of respect for him. I like his style. It should never be mandated by any entity. Never! If others want it, then non-FDA approved vaccination, but don't make others. I've had covid, not getting it due to my own immunity. He very well might be in the same circumstance. I'm glad he's taking a stand for what he believes.
However, I've got my tickets to the game, right behind our bench!! Let's hope this doesn't get to sideways.
I'm reading that, while getting and recovering from COVID provides a degree of immunity, receiving the vaccine provides additional immunity benefit. Here is something from the NIH:

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/2 ... infection/

"These results add to evidence that people with acquired immunity may have differing levels of protection to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. More importantly, the data provide further documentation that those who’ve had and recovered from a COVID-19 infection still stand to benefit from getting vaccinated."

Basically, there is stronger and more broad protection with a vaccine than getting the virus. I can't recall the sources, but I was also reading another article somewhere that compared the number of spike proteins an immune system can target between those who had been infected and those who had received the Pfizer vaccine. If I remember correctly the immune response after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine was comparable to those who had been previously infected, but it jumped significantly after the 2nd dose.

Not sure if that sways your opinion at all, but I wanted to offer the perspective in case it is something you had not seen or considered.



User avatar
Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20 Weekly
Posts: 1326
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Dwigt » July 27th, 2021, 8:42 pm

USU78 wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 11:36 am
Dwigt wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 11:29 am
USU78 wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 1:38 pm
... like the choices of the unvaxxed and the already infected, tens of thousands every month, popping across the sieve of a border. Being transported by Border Patrol into our interior.

How'd the D varient get here and spread all over, I wonder?
The Delta variant likely came from the UK, but I get that you won’t accept that since it doesn’t fit into your bias.
Have you read about the infection and reinfection rates among Border Patrol folks? Do you honestly believe the trespassers are >10% vaccinated? What point are you making exactly, other than adhominemming?
Let me break down your first post as I understood it. If I mistook it, I apologize.
You said that tens of thousands of illegal immigrants are coming across the border and then imply that they are the source of the delta variant. Would that be correct?

I replied that the delta variant came from the UK (I should have added India also since that is where the variant first exploded). In no way am I saying only healthy people are illegally crossing the border. I am however saying you have a bias against the people crossing the southern border and will attribute anything negative to them to bolster your bias.


Me winning the ‘20 weekly pick’em was a complete fluke.

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 3183 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by USU78 » July 27th, 2021, 9:16 pm

African problem:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/delta-v ... -wave.html

The Mexican Issue:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 021-07-21/

My point is not trivial. Mexico, Central America, and Africa are the main sources of trespassers at present. Do you trust the data on any of those places?


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20 Weekly
Posts: 1326
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Dwigt » July 27th, 2021, 9:27 pm

USU78 wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 9:16 pm
African problem:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/delta-v ... -wave.html

The Mexican Issue:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 021-07-21/

My point is not trivial. Mexico, Central America, and Africa are the main sources of trespassers at present. Do you trust the data on any of those places?
You’re deflecting.
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-thi ... iant-covid
Last edited by Dwigt on July 27th, 2021, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Me winning the ‘20 weekly pick’em was a complete fluke.

Aggie84025
Posts: 4061
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 1498 times

Re: WSU coach in a pissing match with administration over vaccination

Post by Aggie84025 » July 27th, 2021, 9:33 pm

There was an article on ESPN today that said he and the school agreed with his decision to not be vaccinated. He agreed to follow all protocols for people that are not vaccinated. Seems like a logical resolution.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
USU78



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic