New transfer from BYU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6031
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 603 times
Been thanked: 1253 times

New transfer from BYU

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 11th, 2021, 10:43 pm

I’m thinking this is maybe a walk-on? :noidea:



These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
AggieArmy



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 7884
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 1134 times
Been thanked: 462 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by 3rdGenAggie » May 11th, 2021, 10:57 pm

Smart move.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
2004AG


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16021
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 781 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 12th, 2021, 2:16 am

I like how the helmet still says go coogs and he's clearly wearing a Byu jersey. Photoshopper didn't want to take the time to be thorough I guess


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfSl7vk



slcagg
Posts: 7575
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 1380 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by slcagg » May 12th, 2021, 6:32 am




aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 12th, 2021, 7:09 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 10:43 pm
I’m thinking this is maybe a walk-on? :noidea:



I'm on it.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Roy McAvoy



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 8115
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 576 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by 2004AG » May 12th, 2021, 8:04 am

Its never too late to correct past poor decisions.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoyViAggie



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 13086
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by ViAggie » May 12th, 2021, 9:24 am

I hope he's able to contribute


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 12th, 2021, 9:48 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 10:43 pm
I’m thinking this is maybe a walk-on? :noidea:



I have confirmed that Darius will be a walk-on.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
USU783rdGenAggie



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1862
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 469 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 12th, 2021, 10:02 am

aggies22 wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 10:43 pm
I’m thinking this is maybe a walk-on? :noidea:



I have confirmed that Darius will be a walk-on.
At first I thought you were mistakenly in the wrong thread and announcing the answer to the whole 14=13 basketball roster issue and meant to put “Dorius will be a walk-on”. Lol
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1460
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 178 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by El Sapo » May 12th, 2021, 11:00 am

What's his position? I have no idea what SDE means and refuse to acknowledge stench terminology.

Speed DE/OLB (250lbs) who can get after the QB? Or a run stuffing MLB? He's kind of a tweener just looking at his measurables.


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 12th, 2021, 11:51 am

El Sapo wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 11:00 am
What's his position? I have no idea what SDE means and refuse to acknowledge stench terminology.

Speed DE/OLB (250lbs) who can get after the QB? Or a run stuffing MLB? He's kind of a tweener just looking at his measurables.
SDE = strong side defensive end



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1460
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 178 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by El Sapo » May 12th, 2021, 12:01 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 11:51 am
El Sapo wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 11:00 am
What's his position? I have no idea what SDE means and refuse to acknowledge stench terminology.

Speed DE/OLB (250lbs) who can get after the QB? Or a run stuffing MLB? He's kind of a tweener just looking at his measurables.
SDE = strong side defensive end
Undersized for that position? Playing against a 300lb tackle? Let's hope he's not actually closer to 220 than 250lbs. It's kind of an Aggie tradition though. Undersized DLine. Well the good news is that I think he'll have plenty of competition for the position.


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1862
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 469 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 12th, 2021, 12:44 pm

El Sapo wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 11:51 am
El Sapo wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 11:00 am
What's his position? I have no idea what SDE means and refuse to acknowledge stench terminology.

Speed DE/OLB (250lbs) who can get after the QB? Or a run stuffing MLB? He's kind of a tweener just looking at his measurables.
SDE = strong side defensive end
Undersized for that position? Playing against a 300lb tackle? Let's hope he's not actually closer to 220 than 250lbs. It's kind of an Aggie tradition though. Undersized DLine. Well the good news is that I think he'll have plenty of competition for the position.
He was 3rd string at the Y and will likely end up 3rd or 2nd here....but at least he escaped Provo. I imagine he’ll get some special teams snaps. Who knows maybe he’ll work into the rotation. Always glad when we can get some local walk-ons that arrive with chips on their shoulders.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
JSHarvey



User avatar
CaptainChaos
Posts: 994
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:58 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by CaptainChaos » May 12th, 2021, 1:37 pm

El Sapo wrote:What's his position? I have no idea what SDE means and refuse to acknowledge stench terminology.

Speed DE/OLB (250lbs) who can get after the QB? Or a run stuffing MLB? He's kind of a tweener just looking at his measurables.
Looks like he played some TE or FB/RB in high school so maybe there is other potential there?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 12th, 2021, 3:30 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 1:37 pm
El Sapo wrote:What's his position? I have no idea what SDE means and refuse to acknowledge stench terminology.

Speed DE/OLB (250lbs) who can get after the QB? Or a run stuffing MLB? He's kind of a tweener just looking at his measurables.
Looks like he played some TE or FB/RB in high school so maybe there is other potential there?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is going to play D-line here.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 8388
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by Imakeitrain » May 12th, 2021, 6:30 pm

Those probably aren’t recent. That was when he was 1st at BYU and a freshman/recruit, no?

A mission probably didn’t help- but gaining 10-20 pounds in a bulk with the training table and a good strength program is attainable- and then he’d be just fine in terms of size. That 10-20 lbs doesn’t even need to be all muscle


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am

I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
thegreendalegelf



slcagg
Posts: 7575
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 1380 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 22nd, 2021, 9:11 am

slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Inside/outside what?



slcagg
Posts: 7575
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 1380 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2021, 9:18 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:11 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Inside/outside what?
Haha de or dt?



ususports
Posts: 1716
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 539 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by ususports » May 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am

slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Unless we add a game at Idaho, all games will be played outside.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 3):
aggies22gomretatthegreendalegelf



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11432
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7420 times
Been thanked: 5093 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by aggies22 » May 22nd, 2021, 9:42 am

slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:18 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:11 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Inside/outside what?
Haha de or dt?
I gotcha bro! Darius will play defensive end.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 7575
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 1380 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2021, 9:44 am

ususports wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Unless we add a game at Idaho, all games will be played outside.
You are forgetting Idaho state and North Dakota state!
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
ususports



slcagg
Posts: 7575
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 1380 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2021, 10:31 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:42 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:18 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:11 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Inside/outside what?
Haha de or dt?
I gotcha bro! Darius will play defensive end.
This is a good point. Looking at the depth chart I feel good about 3 of our d ends. We need a 4th to step up. Between vaughans, heninger, Joyner should be good. But if a young guy or Darius could step up it would be much needed. Wonder where mata hala is at in development. Also think we have a ton of depth inside and could one of those guys slide over if needed. Such as Marcus Moore or hale.



slcagg
Posts: 7575
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 1380 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2021, 11:19 am

@aggies22 how did our young dline look in spring? Any of them close to contributing? Poukesi and Hola were 2 dudes I have high hopes for.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6138
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 469 times
Contact:

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by TheAKAggie » May 22nd, 2021, 6:51 pm

slcagg wrote:
ususports wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Unless we add a game at Idaho, all games will be played outside.
You are forgetting Idaho state and North Dakota state!
And syracuse and utsa.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1862
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 469 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 22nd, 2021, 7:36 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
ususports wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Unless we add a game at Idaho, all games will be played outside.
You are forgetting Idaho state and North Dakota state!
And syracuse and utsa.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and UNI (Northern Iowa)



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16021
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 781 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 23rd, 2021, 6:25 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
ususports wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Unless we add a game at Idaho, all games will be played outside.
You are forgetting Idaho state and North Dakota state!
And syracuse and utsa.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and UNI (Northern Iowa)
And neutral games against SEC teams in Dallas or Atlanta.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6138
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 469 times
Contact:

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by TheAKAggie » May 23rd, 2021, 9:33 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
ususports wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am
slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:52 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 8:04 am
I've been doing some roster analysis and the more I look at Darius the more I'm starting to love this move. He may make a move up the depth chart once fall camp starts. We scored a mid-three star dude as a walk-on. This didn't cause many headlines but this was a very underrated move. The new coaching staff strikes again!!
Playing inside or outside?
Unless we add a game at Idaho, all games will be played outside.
You are forgetting Idaho state and North Dakota state!
And syracuse and utsa.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and UNI (Northern Iowa)
And neutral games against SEC teams in Dallas or Atlanta.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And at UMinn in the 90’s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

Imakeitrain
Posts: 8388
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by Imakeitrain » May 25th, 2021, 6:37 am

We will be playing indoors next season at the LA Bowl.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 3):
thegreendalegelfslcaggaggies22


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

OrangeCountyAggie
Posts: 846
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: New transfer from BYU

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » May 25th, 2021, 3:35 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 6:37 am
We will be playing indoors next season at the LA Bowl.
Is that where our conference champ plays (assuming they don't make the BCS)? I know we've lost the Vegas Bowl. Our commissioner really sucks at his job!
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
Imakeitrain



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic