today/ yesterday

All completed suggestions are put here.
WillRogersAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

today/ yesterday

Post by WillRogersAggie » November 5th, 2010, 10:19 am

Maybe it is just me, but I like the "today....yesterday" and then the date and time of when the post was submitted. It makes it a lot easier to navigate and look for new posts. I took me 3 days to come up with that so you boys are doing fine with the new digs :bang:

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

Aglicious
Site Admin

Re: today/ yesterday

Post by Aglicious » November 7th, 2010, 11:42 pm

WillRogersAggie wrote:Maybe it is just me, but I like the "today....yesterday" and then the date and time of when the post was submitted. It makes it a lot easier to navigate and look for new posts. I took me 3 days to come up with that so you boys are doing fine with the new digs :bang:
This is actually something that can be controlled by each user. If you go under the User Control Panel at the top and then to the 'Board Preferences' tab, you will see the last pull down is named 'My date format'. Either of the last two selections that begin with "less than a minute ago/......" will give you the look you want. When set this way, posts within the past hour will read in minutes up to 59min. ago, then they switch to the today...yesterday format you like.

Ahh hell, I'll set the entire forum to this as default as I think it makes it easier to see what has been posted last. People can switch it back to calendar dates if they wish. :D

treesap32

Re: today/ yesterday

Post by treesap32 » November 8th, 2010, 8:19 am

Thanks for the tip Aglicious. I went in and tweaked mine to my liking. I actually used the "Custom" feature and the following code: |M jS, Y|, g:i a

Seems to be working nicely.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic