Schedules/Scores

All completed suggestions are put here.

On the schedule, which score should be listed first?

Poll ended at November 7th, 2010, 7:40 am

The Higher Score
25%
USU's Score
75%

Total votes: 8

ChicAggie

Schedules/Scores

Post by ChicAggie » November 3rd, 2010, 2:12 pm

The schedule link lists the scores of past games, but always lists the high score first. It seems that the Aggie score should always be listed first so a quick glance will show who won the game. Skimming the women's volleyball scores, for example, I have know idea which games the Aggies won and which they lost.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Schedules/Scores

Post by NVAggie » November 3rd, 2010, 2:53 pm

Green means we won, red means we lost.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 3rd, 2010, 8:15 pm

I agree with Chic - This is an Aggie site, we're all Aggies, Aggie score should Always be first - that goes for CHAT, too - PLEASE???

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 3rd, 2010, 8:18 pm

It's an easy change to make the USU score first but typically the winning score goes first. If it's the general consensus that it should change though then I'm okay with that. When you say it should be the same in chat, do you mean when people tell the score they should give the USU score first?

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 3rd, 2010, 8:37 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:It's an easy change to make the USU score first but typically the winning score goes first. If it's the general consensus that it should change though then I'm okay with that. When you say it should be the same in chat, do you mean when people tell the score they should give the USU score first?
I think he is referring to the fact that it has always been an unspoken rule in chat when someone asks for the score it is always posted with the Aggies first. Of course that is just to save on not having to type the teams every time. Final scores or results for a season schedule are typically listed with the winning score first however.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 4th, 2010, 8:12 am

Aglicious wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:It's an easy change to make the USU score first but typically the winning score goes first. If it's the general consensus that it should change though then I'm okay with that. When you say it should be the same in chat, do you mean when people tell the score they should give the USU score first?
I think he is referring to the fact that it has always been an unspoken rule in chat when someone asks for the score it is always posted with the Aggies first. Of course that is just to save on not having to type the teams every time. Final scores or results for a season schedule are typically listed with the winning score first however.
Yes, that's what I meant.

Boxscores go Visitor first, then Home when read left-right or top-bottom, ESPN's bottom line and graphics when reporting a game are always like that, too.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 4th, 2010, 8:41 am

I decided to add a poll to this thread to allow individuals to vote. I'm okay changing it as long as that's what the majority of users wants. You may vote once and the poll is open for 3 days. At that time I will look at the results and adjust the Schedule page accordingly.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 4th, 2010, 1:19 pm

NVAggie wrote:Green means we won, red means we lost.
I didn't even notice that the different games were color-coded when I first looked at the scores/schedules. Isn't it a well-accepted convention in a school's media guides and self-publications to list that team's score first? I know it is different in media outlets (visitor first/home last), but I believe it is common for schools to list their own scores first in their own publications. See, e.g., USU Men's Basketball Media Guide. The same is true if you go to any RPI site -- the school's report that you look up always lists that school's score first whether home or away, win or loss.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 4th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Based on the media guide always listing USU's score first, I went ahead and made the change.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 4th, 2010, 4:19 pm

ChicAggie wrote:Isn't it a well-accepted convention in a school's media guides and self-publications to list that team's score first? I know it is different in media outlets (visitor first/home last), but I believe it is common for schools to list their own scores first in their own publications. See, e.g., USU Men's Basketball Media Guide. The same is true if you go to any RPI site -- the school's report that you look up always lists that school's score first whether home or away, win or loss.
Yes. This is how I do it at USUStats.com as well.

Thanks for updating it ProvoAggie! :)

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 4th, 2010, 10:41 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:Based on the media guide always listing USU's score first, I went ahead and made the change.
Thanks, Provo. You're the best.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic