Just a couple of minor issues

All fixed bugs are moved here.
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Just a couple of minor issues

Post by BigBlueDart » July 13th, 2011, 4:43 pm

You may already be fully aware, but thought I would report these just in case it's something you can't see.

First of all I'm getting a bunch PHP Notices at the top of the page today. The first one says something about a Timezone ID function being invalid.

The second is that over the past few days the top banner has looked a little funny to me and I just figured out why. It looks like you pasted a new "USUFans" graphic over the old banner, but for me the old banner is peaking around the end, showing "ns.com". Actually, only half of that 'n' is visible, so for the past few days I've been wondering what USUFans75.com was supposed to be.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Just a couple of minor issues

Post by ProvoAggie » July 13th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Which browser are you using? Also, do you get the PHP Notices consistently and on every page?

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » July 13th, 2011, 8:53 pm

I was using IE7 at work, but the same problem persisted when I got home and am using Chrome 12. And yes, I have the same problem on every page.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » July 13th, 2011, 9:30 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:I was using IE7 at work, but the same problem persisted when I got home and am using Chrome 12. And yes, I have the same problem on every page.
The header image should be fixed now. I can't reproduce the other problem. Could you copy and paste the error or get a screenshot of it?

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » July 14th, 2011, 6:32 am

I still have both issues. Screenshot attached.

Also, I seem to be having one other issue over the last couple of days. At least in Chrome 12. A lot of my fields are shrunk vertically, so I can't see them all. This includes the subject line, or the attach file tab and other fields in the editor. Not sure if this is on my end or yours.
Attachments
USUFansErrors.png

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » July 14th, 2011, 8:17 am

I've been getting the php error the last 2 days using the latest firefox, attachment included. It looks like it's the same as BBD's.

Also getting the shrunken fields error like BBD. I just noticed this when trying to upload an attachment.

Also I had the header image error a few days ago, but I fixed it with a hard refresh, and that fixed it right up.

*EDIT: The image did not work, let me try with a jpg.

*EDIT AGAIN: I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but here is what it says on top of the page, on every page:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/automatic_dst.php on line 38: date_default_timezone_set() [function.date-default-timezone-set]: Timezone ID '' is invalid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 8562: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:6980)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 8566: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:6980)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 8568: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:6980)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 8570: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:6980)
Last edited by TrueBlue on July 14th, 2011, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » July 14th, 2011, 8:42 am

The old background image is no longer on the server anywhere. If it's still showing up then it must be cached on your machine. You may want to try clearing your cache or a Control+F5 to force refresh. Also let me know if the Notice's are gone now. We've had error reporting turned off and notices aren't even real errors so I'm not sure why they'd be appearing for you 2. I did just make some changes to hopefully get rid of them though. Let me know if the changes worked.

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » July 14th, 2011, 8:49 am

It worked. The errors on top are gone as well as the tabs are now visible. Thanks.

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » July 14th, 2011, 10:16 am

Things look good here at work on IE7. I'll look again when I get home. I did suspect that I might have had an issue caching the old problem, but I didn't really have time to check this morning.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic