Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

The gathering place for daily and weekly contests such as "Pick 'Em", "Predict the Score", and "Create the Caption".
User avatar
sam tingey
2013 & 2016 FB Predict The Score Champion & 2017 & 2018 Bowl Pick'Em Champion
Posts: 1517
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 77 times

Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by sam tingey » August 25th, 2016, 6:19 am

With one week to go, I thought we should get this started.

35-14 USU

Apologies to Treesap if he already had this going somewhere else, but I didn't see it in the Quad either.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2466
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 313 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 25th, 2016, 6:55 am

45-13


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
paaron46
Posts: 1127
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 11:52 am
Location: Section 5, Row 7
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by paaron46 » August 25th, 2016, 7:18 am

32-16 USU


Twitter: @AaronPeck

BrendanAggie93
Posts: 116
Joined: November 1st, 2014, 8:37 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by BrendanAggie93 » August 25th, 2016, 7:35 am

51-10 USU


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4858
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 286 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 25th, 2016, 7:38 am

Ugh. Immediate thoughts of this come back to mind. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37804&p=394577&hilit=+suu#p394577


USU 30
Weber 20
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on August 30th, 2016, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.



bojoWolf
Posts: 49
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 11:42 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by bojoWolf » August 25th, 2016, 7:55 am

USU 48-Weber 13

If I may be so bold.



trombone_ninja
Posts: 1160
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 1:59 pm
Location: Greeley, CO
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by trombone_ninja » August 25th, 2016, 7:58 am

For the last several years, USU has struggled with season openers.

USU 31
Weber 17

Not the blowout we want, but a decent, convincing win.


USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

User avatar
providencealum
Posts: 396
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 11:16 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by providencealum » August 25th, 2016, 8:16 am

USU 36
Weber 18



User avatar
BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Posts: 7951
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 212 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by BigBlueDart » August 25th, 2016, 8:27 am

61-6.

Because the Aggies.



User avatar
AGinNEIowa
2015, 2016, & 2017 WTHCG Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6063
Joined: January 10th, 2003, 12:00 am
Location: northeast Iowa
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by AGinNEIowa » August 25th, 2016, 8:30 am

34 US
10 WS



Coloraggie
Posts: 1516
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Coloraggie » August 25th, 2016, 9:00 am

Aggies - 45
Wildcats - 14



Jjoey52
Posts: 3185
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Jjoey52 » August 25th, 2016, 9:03 am

Aggies 34-14


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Agzrule
Posts: 737
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Agzrule » August 25th, 2016, 9:04 am

Ustate 30
Wstate 13



User avatar
Maverik_Aggie
Posts: 1161
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 10:21 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Maverik_Aggie » August 25th, 2016, 9:13 am

USU: 45
WSU: 13

Weber St gets two field goals, and then a garbage TD at the end. We overpower them on offense.



User avatar
tkmad
Posts: 1237
Joined: December 7th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by tkmad » August 25th, 2016, 9:14 am

27 - 17

And I think we are holding our breath a little going into the 3rd quarter with a slim lead of 20-14. My feeling from the scrimmage was this team has some good parts but might need a game or two to work out the kinks and find their mojo and I don't know what to expect from the D with many new faces. Plus, I was there last year for SUU..... can't forget the way that game felt until almost the final minute.



User avatar
Maverik_Aggie
Posts: 1161
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 10:21 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Maverik_Aggie » August 25th, 2016, 9:16 am

tkmad wrote:27 - 17

And I think we are holding our breath a little going into the 3rd quarter with a slim lead of 20-14. My feeling from the scrimmage was this team has some good parts but might need a game or two to work out the kinks and find their mojo and I don't know what to expect from the D with many new faces. Plus, I was there last year for SUU..... can't forget the way that game felt until almost the final minute.
I only have one slight worry for this matchup. I think after last years opening game disaster, Weber St will come in with confidence than in the past matchups. However, our athletes will overpower them, and I think we'll win big.

JMHO



Full
Posts: 1713
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by Full » August 25th, 2016, 9:19 am

USU 41 - WSU 20



User avatar
tkmad
Posts: 1237
Joined: December 7th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by tkmad » August 25th, 2016, 9:40 am

Maverik_Aggie wrote:
tkmad wrote:27 - 17

And I think we are holding our breath a little going into the 3rd quarter with a slim lead of 20-14. My feeling from the scrimmage was this team has some good parts but might need a game or two to work out the kinks and find their mojo and I don't know what to expect from the D with many new faces. Plus, I was there last year for SUU..... can't forget the way that game felt until almost the final minute.
I only have one slight worry for this matchup. I think after last years opening game disaster, Weber St will come in with confidence than in the past matchups. However, our athletes will overpower them, and I think we'll win big.

JMHO
I'm setting expectations low. There were very high last year vs SUU with Keeton, Vigil, Fackrell, Sharp, etc.. all coming back. High expectations made it even worse. I'm taking the approach of the parents of the bunny in Zootopia (sorry my kids watch it a lot).... it's better to have low expectations and settle.... settle hard.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12108
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 332 times
Contact:

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by ProvoAggie » August 25th, 2016, 9:58 am

USU 45-10



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2466
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 313 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 25th, 2016, 10:01 am

tkmad wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:
tkmad wrote:27 - 17

And I think we are holding our breath a little going into the 3rd quarter with a slim lead of 20-14. My feeling from the scrimmage was this team has some good parts but might need a game or two to work out the kinks and find their mojo and I don't know what to expect from the D with many new faces. Plus, I was there last year for SUU..... can't forget the way that game felt until almost the final minute.
I only have one slight worry for this matchup. I think after last years opening game disaster, Weber St will come in with confidence than in the past matchups. However, our athletes will overpower them, and I think we'll win big.

JMHO
I'm setting expectations low. There were very high last year vs SUU with Keeton, Vigil, Fackrell, Sharp, etc.. all coming back. High expectations made it even worse. I'm taking the approach of the parents of the bunny in Zootopia (sorry my kids watch it a lot).... it's better to have low expectations and settle.... settle hard.
Worked for me when I had to convince my wife to marry me.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
tkmad
Posts: 1237
Joined: December 7th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by tkmad » August 25th, 2016, 10:11 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
tkmad wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:
tkmad wrote:27 - 17

And I think we are holding our breath a little going into the 3rd quarter with a slim lead of 20-14. My feeling from the scrimmage was this team has some good parts but might need a game or two to work out the kinks and find their mojo and I don't know what to expect from the D with many new faces. Plus, I was there last year for SUU..... can't forget the way that game felt until almost the final minute.
I only have one slight worry for this matchup. I think after last years opening game disaster, Weber St will come in with confidence than in the past matchups. However, our athletes will overpower them, and I think we'll win big.

JMHO
I'm setting expectations low. There were very high last year vs SUU with Keeton, Vigil, Fackrell, Sharp, etc.. all coming back. High expectations made it even worse. I'm taking the approach of the parents of the bunny in Zootopia (sorry my kids watch it a lot).... it's better to have low expectations and settle.... settle hard.
Worked for me when I had to convince my wife to marry me.
Haha. Same. I don't think mine regrets it too much.... :)



User avatar
IdaAg93
Posts: 1456
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SE Idaho...a perfect distance from the hive.
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by IdaAg93 » August 25th, 2016, 12:26 pm

38-9 USU.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by ratofallaggies » August 25th, 2016, 12:30 pm

24-13 USU



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4228
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 25th, 2016, 12:35 pm

13-7 USU Once again we keep it too vanilla and nearly suffer an embarrassing defeat.



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1121
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by MrBiggle » August 25th, 2016, 12:36 pm

38 USU
24 WSU


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7955
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by ViAggie » August 25th, 2016, 12:41 pm

USU 70
Weber 6

Hobbs fumbles the ball at the 20 yard line and the wildcats scoop it up and run it in for their only score of the night :lol:

JUST KIDDING

Hmmm hard to make an educated guess for the first game, my head tells me we'll have some first game gitters maybe:

USU 28
Weber 14

My heart (the thing that pumps me blood) tells me

USU 49
Weber 16

So :scotsman:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
aggiefan444
Posts: 670
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by aggiefan444 » August 25th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Aggies 52
Weber 17



MacAggie
Posts: 278
Joined: January 9th, 2014, 3:54 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by MacAggie » August 25th, 2016, 1:02 pm

USU - 42
Weber - 17



AggieMan5
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 2:33 pm
Location: SLC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by AggieMan5 » August 25th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Weber is a really good team. They keep it close for 3 qtrs and we pull away late.

USU 35
WSU 21



User avatar
BigVBAg
Posts: 745
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:16 pm
Location: Springville, UT
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by BigVBAg » August 25th, 2016, 1:22 pm

31-13 USU



User avatar
crazywookie
Posts: 1414
Joined: August 3rd, 2011, 10:14 pm
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by crazywookie » August 25th, 2016, 1:25 pm

I'm not saying anything will happen. My observation is that really good teams have had closer games than you might expect with their "easy" games. Don't worry if you see us score 35-21 and win.


"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

tipitup
2018 WTHCG Pick'em Champion
Posts: 377
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:17 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by tipitup » August 25th, 2016, 1:26 pm

usu 30-17



hickaggie
Posts: 2904
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by hickaggie » August 25th, 2016, 1:39 pm

27-7.

Defense allows a score but settles down. Offense moves ball well but not efficiently enough with all the changes and vanilla play calling but puts game out of reach with 4 quarter FG and long drive when Wells decides to stop dinking around with jet sweeps and dropped bubbles to Williams and just give #32 the damn ball.



ronburgandee
Posts: 94
Joined: January 22nd, 2011, 10:13 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by ronburgandee » August 25th, 2016, 1:44 pm

I am no expert, but I wasn’t ever really impressed with our offense last year. We couldn’t sustain drives. I think with the added experience, our offense is slightly better this year. Losing Sharp will hurt more than we think.
I think we take a slight step back on defense. With the loss of some awesome linebackers this is too much for the added experience to other positions.
All in all I think we perform about as well as we did last year fighting for a bowl game late into the season with a couple of frustrating close losses.

That being said, I think Weber will be better than they were last year. They are going to be playing inspired ball for their coach’s wife. I don’t think they will be as good as SUU was though.
I am with tipitup… 30-17 USU.

:utah: :state:



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6145
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: Predict the Score - FB 9/1 vs Weber State

Post by USU78 » August 25th, 2016, 1:56 pm

33-13


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic