Schedule page drop down menu

We want this to be the best online community of Aggie fans in the world. If you know of something that will make it better, let us know.
ShowMeAggie

Schedule page drop down menu

Post by ShowMeAggie » November 14th, 2014, 11:03 am

Just a minor annoyance that when I want to look at just the MBB scores and schedule, I have to sort through all sports. I know I can click on the MBB schedule page and it'll get me to just the MBB page. But I wonder if it would be possible to put a drop-down menu on the aggregate schedule page to allow you to filter based on what sport you wanted to look at? (Truth be told, that's what I was expecting to see for the "Show Team" drop-down menu that is on the aggregate schedules page now.) If we did that, maybe it would be possible to include ALL of the NCAA sanctioned sports on the scheduling page, so if I wanted Women's Soccer or Gymnastics or Men's Tennis I could find those there too? (Is there a reason why these schedules can't be found on the schedule page?) Even better would be to include the non-sanctioned sports too, like Hockey, baseball, etc. But I understand the slippery slope that would be...where would you draw the line? Thanks for considering...

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Schedule page drop down menu

Post by ProvoAggie » November 14th, 2014, 11:56 am

On the main schedule page each sport has an on/off toggle that allows you to turn specific sports on and off. You can also go to the preferences link at the top right of the site to choose what you want the default to be. As far as adding other sports goes, it's a ton of work. Each sport takes several hours to setup and maintain each season. As it is right now, Women's Basketball and Volleyball are mostly ignored. The analytics site that most users have them turned off and the pages are rarely if ever visited. Those 2 sports were added by request but they may not be worth the effort that they take to maintain.

treesap32

Re: Schedule page drop down menu

Post by treesap32 » November 14th, 2014, 12:46 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:On the main schedule page each sorry has an on/off toggle that allows you to turn specific sports on and off. You can also go to the preferences link at the top right of the site to choose what you want the default to be. As far as adding other sports goes, it's a ton of work. Each sport takes several hours to setup and maintain each season. As it is right now, Women's Basketball and Volleyball are mostly ignored. The analytics site that most users have them turned off and the pages are rarely if ever visited. Those 2 sports were added by request but they may not be worth the effort that they take to maintain.
I use them. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic