Suggestion for USUfans Admin

We want this to be the best online community of Aggie fans in the world. If you know of something that will make it better, let us know.
TheWoodshed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Suggestion for USUfans Admin

Post by TheWoodshed » November 11th, 2011, 9:53 am

Hey guys, I thought of another feature that would be pretty cool on the board. If possible, it would be great to have a spot on the board with recent box scores for former Aggies that are playing professionally. I like to see how those guys are doing, but sometimes it's hard to dig through all the foreign language websites to find a simple box score. What do you think? How hard would something like that be?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for USUfans Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 11th, 2011, 10:03 am

I'm guessing that it would be pretty difficult to maintain. We have access to the same information that everyone else does so we'd have to dig through all of the foreign websites as well to put the information together. Right now we are trying to get the Recruit database up to date but that's proving to be a lot of work and I think that this box score functionality would probably be even more difficult to implement.

earlofhemsley
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by earlofhemsley » November 1st, 2012, 5:04 pm

This might be a good thing to throw on your news feed -

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1091/0/G ... -Team.html

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 1st, 2012, 5:40 pm

The news feed pulls in rss feeds. News articles aren't added manually. We used to have Deseret news until the rss feed stated feeding in a bunch of unrelated crap. If they ever fix that then I will turn it back on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 1st, 2012, 6:22 pm

Yes, get on them about that Landon. Tell them to get their act together so we can enjoy the few Aggie things that actually come out of the D-News! :rant:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic