Twitter Feed

We want this to be the best online community of Aggie fans in the world. If you know of something that will make it better, let us know.
N3lyak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Twitter Feed

Post by N3lyak » July 20th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Maybe I'm the only one that is bugged by this, but do we really need to hear what Fafner and Kraig did last night? Or what music they are listening to? Or stuff like that on the twitter feed? Just look at the twitter feed right now on the main page and let me know how much of that actually applies to what this site is all about. I know they post something about USU sports like 1 in every 50 tweets, but is that really enough to keep them in the twitter feed? If I wanted to know what they had for breakfast I would add them on twitter. If I want to know about USU sports I come here. If we are leaving their twitter account on there can I get my twitter account listed there as well? I say just as much about USU sports as they do. Actually, I probably say a lot more about USU sports than they do.

treesap32

Re: Twitter Feed

Post by treesap32 » July 20th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Got any good replacements for them? The fact that it's the off season probably contributes to them not posting as much on the Aggies.

N3lyak

Post by N3lyak » July 21st, 2011, 9:14 am

That could be the issue. So how about remove them during the summer and just keep the USU and Tony tweets on there? Again, look at the twitter feed right now and you'll find about 2 tweets on there that have anything to do with what this site is about. And both of those tweets came from USU. None came from either of the people that fill the twitter feed with useless crap. And again, if we are leaving their tweets up can you at least add mine to the feed? I feel I add just as much, or probably more, to USU information than they both do right now.

And again, maybe it only bothers me. I don't know. But I really don't care about either of those guys and what they are doing this summer. If I did I would have followed them on twitter long ago. I don't come to usufans.com to find out what Kraig and Fafner are watching on TV. I come for USU information, as weird as that may sound.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 21st, 2011, 9:31 am

ChesterButtons wrote:Maybe I'm the only one that is bugged by this, but do we really need to hear what Fafner and Kraig did last night? Or what music they are listening to? Or stuff like that on the twitter feed? Just look at the twitter feed right now on the main page and let me know how much of that actually applies to what this site is all about. I know they post something about USU sports like 1 in every 50 tweets, but is that really enough to keep them in the twitter feed? If I wanted to know what they had for breakfast I would add them on twitter. If I want to know about USU sports I come here. If we are leaving their twitter account on there can I get my twitter account listed there as well? I say just as much about USU sports as they do. Actually, I probably say a lot more about USU sports than they do.

:lol: Sure, we are equal opportunity twitter feeders here. We would love to add you to the widget.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 21st, 2011, 10:13 am

ChesterButtons wrote:That could be the issue. So how about remove them during the summer and just keep the USU and Tony tweets on there? Again, look at the twitter feed right now and you'll find about 2 tweets on there that have anything to do with what this site is about. And both of those tweets came from USU. None came from either of the people that fill the twitter feed with useless crap. And again, if we are leaving their tweets up can you at least add mine to the feed? I feel I add just as much, or probably more, to USU information than they both do right now.

And again, maybe it only bothers me. I don't know. But I really don't care about either of those guys and what they are doing this summer. If I did I would have followed them on twitter long ago. I don't come to usufans.com to find out what Kraig and Fafner are watching on TV. I come for USU information, as weird as that may sound.
Very well, I would hate to be responsible for having our twitter widget drive someone insane. I'll remove RefractionFaf and KraigW until further notice. I also don't see that you have any tweets.

N3lyak

Post by N3lyak » July 21st, 2011, 10:35 am

Don't feel that you have to change it just for me. If it isn't bothering anybody else then don't worry about it. I'm a pretty small part of this website.

I notice that Kraig has two separate accounts. One is his personal one that says nothing interesting. One is his Deseret News account. I'd say leave the Deseret News one up since that actually says interesting things about USU and other sports.

And my Twitter account is a work in progress. I totally forgot I created a Twitter account in the first place until you reminded me. I'll have to start adding some tweets. Basically my plan was to start tweeting if you actually were going to throw my account on there.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » July 21st, 2011, 2:26 pm

ChesterButtons wrote:Don't feel that you have to change it just for me. If it isn't bothering anybody else then don't worry about it. I'm a pretty small part of this website.

I notice that Kraig has two separate accounts. One is his personal one that says nothing interesting. One is his Deseret News account. I'd say leave the Deseret News one up since that actually says interesting things about USU and other sports.

And my Twitter account is a work in progress. I totally forgot I created a Twitter account in the first place until you reminded me. I'll have to start adding some tweets. Basically my plan was to start tweeting if you actually were going to throw my account on there.
No, you are probably right. We can add them when basketball season comes back around if they are posting things Aggie related at that time. I think Jason was doing similar things with some of the players during the season, but then removing them for the off-season. Quincy Bair is an avid twitter user along with some of the other bball players / recruits. Adam Thoseby, Marcel Davis, EJ Farris, and Preston Medlin all tweet from time to time as well.

I post things to my usustats twitter account from time to time (when i'm not slammed at work). I have two accounts.. one personal, and one usu related. Kraig actaully has a Deseret News account that he posts Aggie stuff on. Aglicious, can you check if we have that one on our feed? It is at : http://twitter.com/DesNewsKraig

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 21st, 2011, 3:07 pm

treesap32 wrote:
ChesterButtons wrote:Don't feel that you have to change it just for me. If it isn't bothering anybody else then don't worry about it. I'm a pretty small part of this website.

No, you are probably right. We can add them when basketball season comes back around if they are posting things Aggie related at that time. I think Jason was doing similar things with some of the players during the season, but then removing them for the off-season. Quincy Bair is an avid twitter user along with some of the other bball players / recruits. Adam Thoseby, Marcel Davis, EJ Farris, and Preston Medlin all tweet from time to time as well.

I post things to my usustats twitter account from time to time (when i'm not slammed at work). I have two accounts.. one personal, and one usu related. Kraig actaully has a Deseret News account that he posts Aggie stuff on. Aglicious, can you check if we have that one on our feed? It is at : http://twitter.com/DesNewsKraig
Yes, I left DesNewsKraig as an active listing for our feed. I only removed the KraigW account.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » July 21st, 2011, 4:16 pm

Aglicious wrote: Yes, I left DesNewsKraig as an active listing for our feed. I only removed the KraigW account.
Cool, thanks. It looks like that account is much more relevant to Aggie sports.

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » October 4th, 2011, 3:57 pm

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 4th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Unfortunately the Twitter widget doesn't allow you to add lists to it right now. Maybe this is something that will be implemented in the future.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » October 5th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Just noticed we could tweet our forum posts now. Great idea.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic