Drop down menus with touchscreen

If you are having a problem with the website, this is where you post it. Please include your operating system and web browser to help us figure out what is going on.
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Drop down menus with touchscreen

Post by BigBlueDart » December 10th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Maybe you can tell me if there is a way to see the drop down menus when using a touchscreen device? With the mouse I just hover over it, but tapping them just takes me to the default link (e.g. main forum, instead of showing any 3rd party message boards), and holding my finger on them doesn't seem to do anything until I let go and it again goes to the default link.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Drop down menus with touchscreen

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2021, 7:58 pm

The drop-down menus aren't mobile friendly. They were built at a time that mobile devices weren't near as common. The site probably needs a lot of updates to make it more mobile friendly and it's something I've wanted to do for a while but haven't had the time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
BigBlueDart

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » December 10th, 2021, 9:43 pm

Okay, thanks! Just a minor thing I thought I'd ask about.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 14th, 2021, 6:24 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:54 pm
Maybe you can tell me if there is a way to see the drop down menus when using a touchscreen device? With the mouse I just hover over it, but tapping them just takes me to the default link (e.g. main forum, instead of showing any 3rd party message boards), and holding my finger on them doesn't seem to do anything until I let go and it again goes to the default link.
This will work for everything but the Forums drop down but when I'm on my phone I just click the menu category header and it will take you to a static page that we have with the same links.

For example when you tap on 'Stats', it will bring this page up: https://www.usufans.com/Stats. All the same links that are found on the drop down menus are available on this static page.

Of course you probably only care about the Forum drop down so I'll shut up now.

FYI, I have found that the 'Jump to' pull down menu at the bottom of each forum or thread is my friend. That is how I navigate the forums on my phone.

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » December 15th, 2021, 12:09 pm

I think I've actually done the same before, come to think of it. When I posted this I was likely thinking specifically of the forum drop-down (trying to get to the MWCboard and Oregon St's board). The other one that probably doesn't work quite the same is the schedules if I only want to see the football or basketball schedule, but that's not a big deal either since I can still get the aggregate schedule and then just toggle the specific schedule(s) I want to see.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic