MBB iCal Issue?

If you are having a problem with the website, this is where you post it. Please include your operating system and web browser to help us figure out what is going on.
BigVBAg

MBB iCal Issue?

Post by BigVBAg » November 21st, 2013, 11:33 am

I might be the only person experiencing this problem but I thought I'd check. Sometime in the past few days all of the MBB games have disappeared from my google calendar. I have tried re-adding the calendar (by URL), but it doesn't seem to make any difference; it seems as though there are no events on the calendar.

I have seen this issue on multiple google accounts, using 4 different browsers (chrome, firefox, opera, and IE) and on different operating systems (Windows and Linux). My football and volleyball events are still there, but not the Men's Basketball.

This leads me to believe it's an issue with the ICS feed, but I could be wrong.

Easy steps to duplicate:
0. If you already have the calendar, remove it first.
1. Within the google calendar, activate the "Other calendars" menu and select "Add by URL".
2. Paste the URL for the Men's Basketball ICS Feed: http://www.usufans.com/iCal/Mens-Basketball
3. Check for MBB events, such as Saturday's game vs. Mississippi State.

They don't show up for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: MBB iCal Issue?

Post by ProvoAggie » November 21st, 2013, 11:57 am

I'm looking into it. The feed looks fine and still has all of the events. I'm not sure what changed that's making the events not appear

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 21st, 2013, 12:24 pm

It's now fixed. I don't know exactly what it didn't like but I limited the feed to only include the last 2 years worth of data in addition to future data rather than all time and it fixed it. You may have to refresh your calendar to see it again.

BigVBAg

Post by BigVBAg » November 22nd, 2013, 8:08 am

ProvoAggie wrote:It's now fixed. I don't know exactly what it didn't like but I limited the feed to only include the last 2 years worth of data in addition to future data rather than all time and it fixed it. You may have to refresh your calendar to see it again.
Everything is working well now. Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic