Editor Problem in Google Chrome

If you are having a problem with the website, this is where you post it. Please include your operating system and web browser to help us figure out what is going on.
GeoAg

Editor Problem in Google Chrome

Post by GeoAg » May 30th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Hey Provo,

I noticed a problem starting earlier today with the editor in Google Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m. When I try to quote, reply, or start a new topic, the editor does not come up all the way. The box in which you edit the message doesn't appear. I can use the quick reply. This iis occurring on a couple of different machines. I haven't changed any settings in the browser. I cna use IE just fine. Don't know about other browsers. Thought I'd let you know. Let me know if you need more info or if I am doing something stupid.

Geo

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

bigwilly087

Re: Editor Problem in Google Chrome

Post by bigwilly087 » May 30th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Had the same issue at work using ie this afternoon

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 30th, 2013, 10:35 pm

It doesn't show up for me in chrome anymore either when I try to quote.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 30th, 2013, 10:39 pm

treesap32 wrote:It doesn't show up for me in chrome anymore either when I try to quote.
Nevermind...  I just hit CTRL-F5 and it fixed it.  Try that.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » May 30th, 2013, 11:29 pm

It's caused by your computer caching old files try pressing control f5. If that doesn't work then press f5 like 5 times while holding control. If neither works then try clearing your cache. You should only need to do this once.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » June 6th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Try using shift + f5. This will clear your cache while refreshing the website. It works like a charm.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » June 7th, 2013, 7:38 am

Thanks. Working now.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » June 10th, 2013, 11:59 pm

I am really not a fan of the GUI editor, here's why:

1. My spell-check plugin doesn't work in GUI mode. This actually isn't that big of a deal lately though, because the first thing I always do is toggle the GUI off and use the source mode.
2. It seems that I have to toggle the GUI off and go into source mode to embed youtube videos. But like I said, I almost always toggle the GUI mode off when I post as the first thing I do.
3. Sometimes when I start a post in the Quick Reply box and switch to the Full Editor the GUI mode loses my text I've already typed. I think maybe this has happened in a "preview" as well.
4. Doesn't work in my Android browser at all and I don't like tapatalk. It doesn't even give me the option of toggling off the GUI mode and to just use the source mode. It doesn't give me any text field or buttons above it or anything. I just get the subject field and a blank area below it surrounded by a border where the GUI app is supposed to be.

So basically I almost always disable it and really wish I could disable it as a user preference so I never had to deal with it again and so that the site wouldn't be in a read-only mode on my tablet. I can't post to the site at all on my tablet since the GUI was installed (although, maybe less posts by me is a desirable feature) and on my computer it's just an extra step for me to disable. Since it was installed the site seems to lose my text much more often than I experienced before.

Just my 2 cents.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » June 11th, 2013, 8:54 am

brownjeans wrote:I am really not a fan of the GUI editor, here's why:

1. My spell-check plugin doesn't work in GUI mode. This actually isn't that big of a deal lately though, because the first thing I always do is toggle the GUI off and use the source mode.
2. It seems that I have to toggle the GUI off and go into source mode to embed youtube videos. But like I said, I almost always toggle the GUI mode off when I post as the first thing I do.
3. Sometimes when I start a post in the Quick Reply box and switch to the Full Editor the GUI mode loses my text I've already typed. I think maybe this has happened in a "preview" as well.
4. Doesn't work in my Android browser at all and I don't like tapatalk. It doesn't even give me the option of toggling off the GUI mode and to just use the source mode. It doesn't give me any text field or buttons above it or anything. I just get the subject field and a blank area below it surrounded by a border where the GUI app is supposed to be.

So basically I almost always disable it and really wish I could disable it as a user preference so I never had to deal with it again and so that the site wouldn't be in a read-only mode on my tablet. I can't post to the site at all on my tablet since the GUI was installed (although, maybe less posts by me is a desirable feature) and on my computer it's just an extra step for me to disable. Since it was installed the site seems to lose my text much more often than I experienced before.

Just my 2 cents.
I've created a new global post with a poll to gauge people's opinions on the new editor.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27164

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » June 11th, 2013, 10:52 am

Quote feature isn't working on this specific post > viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27150#p230965

I click the quote button and get a disabled GUI text editor. If I click the quote button on other posts it seems fine. Weird.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 11th, 2013, 12:15 pm

I've had issues with the quote feature from time to time and have also had messages get deleted, but only once or twice. I don't remember it ever happening on the old editor though.  

I did have an issue earlier today or yesterday (I forget) when I tried to copy formatted text in. It messed up the colors, font sizes, and links and spit out a bunch of bbcode that I had to go edit manually in the source editor. It also removed line breaks from the text I pasted in.  I've had issues with emoticons as well (though ProvoAggie fixed most of them by modifying the board code).

I wouldn't have a problem with a WYSIWYG editor if it worked as well as the old editor, but I've had lots of issues with this one. The font size buttons don't work and if you paste a link from a browser address bar and press enter after the link it will make anything else you type (on a new line) a link as well. Like this:

http://www.usustats.com/

T
esting...

Hmm...looks like that glitch has morphed a little.  It now only links the first letter of the text after a link.

I tried using the hyperlink button just now and the hyperlink popup didn't show up... it just greyed out my screen and I had to hit the back button to get out, losing all the changes I had made in the editor up to that point.  That may just be a glitch here at work though.  I'm not sure.  The same thing is happening for me when I try to click the other buttons that have pop-up prompts now.  Could be a javascript thing that's being blocked on my work computers?

=14pxFont Size Tests

=24pxFont Size Tests

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic