Search found 2487 matches

by newhouse9
December 17th, 2020, 8:47 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Chuckie Keeton
Replies: 96
Views: 12644

Re: Chuckie Keeton

I want to name my next child Sam or Merrill My Merrill is about to turn 1 in 10 days. I had him in my arms asleep when The Shot happened. It was the quietest and yet most exuberant celebration ever. That's awesome! When Sam hit the shot, I celebrated by throwing my kids (2 and 4) up in the air (and...
by newhouse9
December 17th, 2020, 8:45 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Does the OL coach Woods have a shot at being retained?
Replies: 10
Views: 1602

Re: Does the OL coach Woods have a shot at being retained?

My understanding is that he really wants a full separation from current staff, just due to all of the issues. He wants a clean break so he can better create the culture in the program that he wants. I'd be surprised if any of the previous staff was asked to stay.
by newhouse9
December 16th, 2020, 7:21 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: More coaching info
Replies: 69
Views: 8663

Re: More coaching info

I feel that he is honest about the state of things. He's talked to the players, especially the seniors. He mentioned Shaq Bond and that he had just spoke to him (I may be confusing timing and calls) and that Shaq is fired up. Hopefully that means he is staying. He is really concerned about having a ...
by newhouse9
December 16th, 2020, 7:17 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coach already hitting the recruiting
Replies: 120
Views: 15307

Re: Coach already hitting the recruiting

He called Corner Canyon.
by newhouse9
December 16th, 2020, 5:14 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: More coaching info
Replies: 69
Views: 8663

Re: More coaching info

I don't know. I got invited, so we joined!

I'm hopeful that the reference by Coach was a slip or hint of some kind. Fingers crossed!
by newhouse9
December 16th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: More coaching info
Replies: 69
Views: 8663

Re: More coaching info

Last night on a Zoom call with Coach Blake, speaking of the defense, he made reference to Miami, and how they fly around the field, to the ball, aggressive, etc. Didn't say anything about Banda but did talk about Miami. Isn't that where Banda is coaching?
by newhouse9
December 16th, 2020, 11:35 am
Forum: Big Blue's House (General Sports Talk)
Topic: Amazon smile & USU
Replies: 11
Views: 710

Re: Amazon smile & USU

Money came from me to Amazon, so I take credit for it. :)
by newhouse9
December 16th, 2020, 11:28 am
Forum: Big Blue's House (General Sports Talk)
Topic: Amazon smile & USU
Replies: 11
Views: 710

Re: Amazon smile & USU

I've donated over $140 this year. I suppose if enough of us do this, it adds up!
by newhouse9
December 14th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Frank's Statement
Replies: 249
Views: 16062

Re: Frank's Statement

That's an interesting take, and I know that there was one poster who mentioned no longer donating or buying season tickets. Would one of you who knows how to add a poll to this site do one to see how this scenario affects individual plans to continue or discontinue donating/supporting USU? On a spo...
by newhouse9
December 14th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Frank's Statement
Replies: 249
Views: 16062

Re: Frank's Statement

Those of you that are upset, are you upset because: 1. You don't feel discrimination exists at USU 2. You don't believe the players 3. You acknowledge discrimination likely exists, but don't think anything should happen about it Other? Nice straw man argument you are lining up there. How about Fran...
by newhouse9
December 14th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Frank's Statement
Replies: 249
Views: 16062

Re: Frank's Statement

Those of you that are upset, are you upset because: 1. You don't feel discrimination exists at USU 2. You don't believe the players 3. You acknowledge discrimination likely exists, but don't think anything should happen about it Other? Nice straw man argument you are lining up there. How about Fran...
by newhouse9
December 13th, 2020, 12:20 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Players Sticking Around
Replies: 76
Views: 8992

Re: Players Sticking Around

I'm excited for any player who comes back. This will be a fun process to follow and I am glad to be donating and supporting our program. I hope we see an increase in donor support. We need it now more than ever.

And I am SO glad that Jordan is coming back!
by newhouse9
December 12th, 2020, 3:32 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Team Meeting With Anderson
Replies: 36
Views: 6582

Re: Team Meeting With Anderson

Too bad Ja'marcus left.
by newhouse9
December 12th, 2020, 3:30 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Chuckie Keeton
Replies: 96
Views: 12644

Re: Chuckie Keeton

I'm digging this...the presents are starting to open on my Aggie football Christmas! Woohoo!
by newhouse9
December 12th, 2020, 10:14 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie
Replies: 41
Views: 3310

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning. It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow I feel this as well...it's a little like Christmas, and I'm waiting to see what the presents are. It's certainly an unfortunate scenario, but is j...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 9:34 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...
Replies: 34
Views: 2811

Re: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...

I'm looking forward to the rebuild. I'm excited to see changes.
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 6:28 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: This Statement appears to drafted by Plaintiffs' counsel
Replies: 4
Views: 756

Re: This Statement appears to drafted by Plaintiffs' counsel

I would expect that legal counsel was involved.
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 6:26 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett
Replies: 248
Views: 19351

Re: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett

The Tribune report said that 3/4 of the players opted not to play. So, we can get their voting tallies, but not what was said. Thanks Trib. All the news stations just eat this type of stuff up. They don't wait until all the facts are out they just start putting out one side of the story. Most often...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 6:04 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The lesson here
Replies: 39
Views: 2864

Re: The lesson here

Yeah, I don't do social media. Just a lot of cess pool stuff.
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 5:50 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The lesson here
Replies: 39
Views: 2864

Re: The lesson here

Have any of you found the full text of her comments as shown in Twitter?
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 5:48 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The lesson here
Replies: 39
Views: 2864

Re: The lesson here

There are no casual conversations.
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 5:06 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett
Replies: 248
Views: 19351

Re: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett

The Tribune report said that 3/4 of the players opted not to play. So, we can get their voting tallies, but not what was said. Thanks Trib. All the news stations just eat this type of stuff up. They don't wait until all the facts are out they just start putting out one side of the story. Most often...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Plane with new Coach A has a 30 minute layover?
Replies: 64
Views: 4734

Re: Plane with new Coach A has a 30 minute layover?

Probably a regional flight transfer.
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 4:52 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett
Replies: 248
Views: 19351

Re: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett

WOW!!! I mean I knew your program was a dumpster fire but good hell this is bad.... Administration being accused of racial and religious bias, really not good. Tell me again how USU is such a superior program to Weber State.... Im betting Jay Hill is saying prayers of thanks that he didnt get that ...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 3:11 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14940

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

coolag wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:56 pm
newhouse9 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
It's a new age of protest...
And stupidity.
Good add.
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14940

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

It's a new age of protest...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14940

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

You are our only connection to reality Tania!!!
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14940

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

Hmmm. It's curious why no press conference has been scheduled...maybe something is afoot?
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 11:23 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Recruiting Formula
Replies: 46
Views: 1916

Re: Recruiting Formula

Aggies22, can you please provide all the examples of the Florida recruits the previous staff "routinely" turned away in favor of lesser talent from Utah? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but this is a serious accusation of the current staff. In fact, your post states that the local kids they kept w...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 11:20 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Recruiting Formula
Replies: 46
Views: 1916

Re: Recruiting Formula

I think I'm one of the few that feels this way, but I think the old formula's that proved successful might not apply anymore. The missionary program and the poly-pipeline.... not sure they are still the cornerstone's of our identity. I think there are different ways of getting us to where we want t...
by newhouse9
December 11th, 2020, 9:52 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Recruiting Formula
Replies: 46
Views: 1916

Re: Recruiting Formula

I'm more curious than concerned. I assume that an experienced HC is capable to adapting to a new location and leveraging what that brings. I think someone in another thread mentioned that Arkansas was a talent-lacking state as far as high school recruits. I don't know if that is true, but didn't BA ...
by newhouse9
December 10th, 2020, 8:33 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14940

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

Whoever he was, the new coach was going to face this and/or other negative feedback, either from players or from fans/boosters. If we end up rebuilding, so be it. It's sad though, and I feel for Frank. He's a great man. Assuming he leaves, I hope he does awesome. If more players leave, I hope they f...
by newhouse9
December 10th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Blake Anderson??
Replies: 329
Views: 24779

Re: Blake Anderson??

Anderson seems like a self-honest and good dude. I would guess that his AState players will miss him...best wishes to them and to the AState family. Welcome to USU Coach B!
by newhouse9
December 9th, 2020, 5:12 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: USUFans.com FB Tailgate Party (2021)
Replies: 33
Views: 1803

Re: USUFans.com FB Tailgate Party (2021)

taniataylor wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 4:03 pm
AngusAg wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 3:40 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 12:32 pm
IM IN!! Only because I had success this past weekend convincing the kid!!
Tania, does that mean we get JN for another year? Great news, if so. You holding out on any more news?
He’s stayin.
That is awesome news! He's a great player and young man.