Search found 385 matches

by stang
December 14th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: JH video on twitter
Replies: 73
Views: 8030

Re: JH video on twitter

Is this embarrassing? Yeah. Is this disappointing? Sure. Is this going to change some people's perception of John? Probably. Is this a fireable offense? GTFO. You need to watch what you say and who you say it around, and in general you probably shouldn't talk like this anyways. But come on. This is ...
by stang
December 14th, 2020, 2:26 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Schedule updates
Replies: 12
Views: 1795

Re: Schedule updates

ShowMeAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 12:28 pm
SwaggieAggie wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Any insider info on some potential opponents being scheduled??
Al Lewis said on the radio this morning that they were looking at getting Northern Colorado in for a game towards the end of this week :noidea:
That is correct. They'll be playing here on Friday.
by stang
December 13th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Matt Wells
Replies: 33
Views: 4323

Re: Matt Wells

And one old post I can remember is someone said they would take a dump on the A and burn all their Aggie gear if we ever hired Art Briles as our coach. I would sever all ties with the university and never watch another Aggie game as long as I live if we hired Art Briles. I pray Texas Tech would nev...
by stang
December 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The Jump it takes to reach...
Replies: 137
Views: 8707

Re: The Jump it takes to reach...

USU78 wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 5:17 pm
Hipster is the second biggest jokester on the board.
And his stuff's actually funny.
Hah! Yeah! Nothing funnier than the ‘ol “pretend to be a misogynist online” bit!
by stang
December 12th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Live Stream of Merrill's First Game
Replies: 46
Views: 3310

Re: Live Stream of Merrill's First Game

Do we think Sam is going to be minutes with it being preseason? I would imagine so. Maybe not much tonight because I imagine with it being the first game the starters will play a little more, but the Bucks don't have a super deep roster and I'd have to think he gets a decent chunk of time in most p...
by stang
December 12th, 2020, 2:56 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Live Stream of Merrill's First Game
Replies: 46
Views: 3310

Re: Live Stream of Merrill's First Game

Man, I didn't even consider how tough it must be to be someone who loves and supports the Aggies but who also opposes freedom of speech and who wishes athletes would just shut their damn entitled mouths and entertain me.

Tough spot that you've found yourself in.
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett
Replies: 248
Views: 19369

Re: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett

Well the USU president saying something like this would be hard to believe and completely idiotic if true, but thinking a call with all the players explaining why you didn’t hire their current coach was a good idea also sounds incredibly idiotic, so maybe both are true. If it is she should be gone ...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 10:21 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Colorado State
Replies: 76
Views: 4375

Re: Colorado State

Hey - just to confirm, my intended post was a copy of stang’s post. For some reason my reply and others don’t show his original post. I believe this is his original post. There are a lot of people making some very bold statements while knowing very, very little about what’s happening in this thread...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...
Replies: 34
Views: 2815

Re: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...

Don't let the door hit ya. It's clear that you don't care about the student athletes, so they, and USU athletics as a whole, are better off without you. PEACE. It's precisely because he does care about student-athletes that he's voting with his feet because it's as self-evident as any proposition c...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 7:31 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...
Replies: 34
Views: 2815

Re: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...

Don't let the door hit ya. It's clear that you don't care about the student athletes, so they, and USU athletics as a whole, are better off without you. PEACE.
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 7:12 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The lesson here
Replies: 39
Views: 2866

Re: The lesson here

Let's call this what it actually is: a group of immature (and frankly, stupid) prima donna football players with a pathetic won-loss record somehow got it into their heads that the world revolves around them and concomitantly that somehow it is de rigueur for the University president and AD not mer...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 6:17 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The lesson here
Replies: 39
Views: 2866

Re: The lesson here

I love Aggie Sports, but the prima Donna aspect of coddled children is coming out. There is NOOOO WAY the President of USU made any comment that put down a religion or ethnicity. This is not a strong group of young men. They appear undisciplined in life as well as on the field. They should play the...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 6:13 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: The Jump it takes to reach...
Replies: 137
Views: 8707

Re: The Jump it takes to reach...

Meanwhile, 1280 the Zone is 100% all in on the players being absolutely and completely accurate. Not a single brain cell given to the bare possibility that there might have been a misunderstanding or anything other than Cockett going full Governor Boggs. You seem to have your mind entirely made up ...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 6:07 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett
Replies: 248
Views: 19369

Re: Players voted against playing because of comments by President Cockett

The Tribune report said that 3/4 of the players opted not to play. So, we can get their voting tallies, but not what was said. Thanks Trib. All the news stations just eat this type of stuff up. They don't wait until all the facts are out they just start putting out one side of the story. Most often...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14945

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

The ignorance of some on here is unbelievable.
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14945

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

I’m not believing this until I hear the comments Cockett made. She has been nothing but class since she got here, and has given a lot of focus to athletics. I have a hard time believing she didn’t hire Maile, just because of his LDS faith. I can totally see Maile fanning the narrative that he wasn'...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good
Replies: 165
Views: 14945

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

I’m not believing this until I hear the comments Cockett made. She has been nothing but class since she got here, and has given a lot of focus to athletics. I have a hard time believing she didn’t hire Maile, just because of his LDS faith. I can totally see Maile fanning the narrative that he wasn'...
by stang
December 11th, 2020, 3:18 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Colorado State
Replies: 76
Views: 4375

Colorado State

There are a lot of people making some very bold statements while knowing very, very little about what’s happening in this thread. Maybe before calling for players to be kicked off the team, or for Maile to never get a job again, or calling for Cockett to be fired we should wait for some more informa...
by stang
December 10th, 2020, 2:23 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Blake Anderson??
Replies: 329
Views: 24815

Re: Blake Anderson??

I'm assuming those of you not excited about this hire don't watch a lot of college football outside of our Ags. When I saw the tweet that it was him, my first thought was that this is better than anyone that had been speculated about on the board. I've been in the Jay Hill camp since Wells resigned...
by stang
December 10th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Blake Anderson??
Replies: 329
Views: 24815

Re: Blake Anderson??

Has anyone checked with Isaac Draxler yet to see if these reports are legit?
by stang
December 8th, 2020, 8:53 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coaching Candidates
Replies: 1041
Views: 82026

Re: Coaching Candidates

Whats the hurry. There are only 4 division 1 coaching vacancies. Vanderveldt will get the first choice with the money they have to spend. The other programs looking for coaches only pay in the 500k range. From a money standpoint we should be attractive. We should be able to find and Hire a good coa...
by stang
December 8th, 2020, 8:03 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coaching Candidates
Replies: 1041
Views: 82026

Coaching Candidates

Whats the hurry. There are only 4 division 1 coaching vacancies. Vanderveldt will get the first choice with the money they have to spend. The other programs looking for coaches only pay in the 500k range. From a money standpoint we should be attractive. We should be able to find and Hire a good coa...
by stang
December 7th, 2020, 11:16 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coaching Candidates
Replies: 1041
Views: 82026

Re: Coaching Candidates

Whats the hurry. There are only 4 division 1 coaching vacancies. Vanderveldt will get the first choice with the money they have to spend. The other programs looking for coaches only pay in the 500k range. From a money standpoint we should be attractive. We should be able to find and Hire a good coa...
by stang
December 5th, 2020, 8:35 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Harrell

If I’m guessing, and this isn’t me reporting just putting bits of info I’ve heard and trust together, I would say Skip Holtz, Kenny Dillingham, and Lance Leipold are probably among the front runners
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 11:59 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Harrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 11:39 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Harrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Harrell

I hope my posts haven't come across as me trying to personally attack Isaac. I don't know him. It just rubbed me the wrong way that he jumped the gun on this matter and stated it as a fact in a way that not only got Aggie fans' hopes up, but could also potentially do damage to the program as word ge...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 10:28 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 10:04 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 10:00 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 9:52 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 9:40 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Sounds like Harrell turned it down. This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here. I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this info...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 9:32 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: So who do you hope it is?
Replies: 221
Views: 14753

Re: So who do you hope it is?

Sometimes yes, especially if it got leaked and the whole free world knows you weren’t the top choice. I think this would be the case for some of the not too desperate choices (aka the ones that may have more than one option either now or down the road). Another reason why it's harmful for people to...
by stang
December 4th, 2020, 9:11 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Graham Harrell
Replies: 191
Views: 15831

Re: Graham Herrell

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:01 pm
So are we sure it is a "no"?
It's a no. As we know, thing can change on a dime in coaching searches, but Harrell has given USU a no and I don't expect that to change.