Search found 1675 matches

by Ahbye
September 5th, 2020, 8:08 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: History 2010 - Untold Truths
Replies: 62
Views: 3599

Re: History 2010 - Untold Truths

Didn't UNC do something like this a few years back?
by Ahbye
September 2nd, 2020, 10:07 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Brian Suite
Replies: 30
Views: 1627

Re: Brian Suite

I hate cancer. What a sad deal. I still remember clearly Brian taking care of Taysom Hill in two different games. I'm sure he gave Taysom nightmares. Rest in Peace Brian. I love all Aggies. We can thank Brian for single-handedly keeping a lid on the delusions that would have come out of Provo had T...
by Ahbye
August 12th, 2020, 7:06 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: At least students can look forward to the Howl
Replies: 12
Views: 855

Re: At least students can look forward to the Howl

Ahbye, just a question unrelated to the howl, has your chief also prohibited you guys from leaving the state? I heard the highway patrolmen are not allowed to leave the state right now, is every department in Utah the same way or just the highway patrol? It depends on where we go. Surrounding state...
by Ahbye
August 12th, 2020, 12:35 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: At least students can look forward to the Howl
Replies: 12
Views: 855

Re: At least students can look forward to the Howl

Howl is cancelled. Sex assault numbers will go down.
by Ahbye
August 11th, 2020, 12:44 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: well... &$#@!!!!!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 2534

Re: well... &$#@!!!!!!!

Chatman wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:27 pm
It’s General Grants fault. The statue needs to come down.
We need to tear Chuckie Keeton's statue down too, once it's built. You know, just in case it's related.
by Ahbye
July 16th, 2020, 12:18 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Colombi Transferring
Replies: 381
Views: 28827

Re: Colombi Transferring

slcagg wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:10 pm
This won’t be devastating to the program. While disappointing it certainly won’t wreck the program. Now the effects of not potentially not playing due to covid, that could be devastating.
Decisions on the field or on personnel won't wreck a program overnight. Decisions off the field will.
by Ahbye
July 13th, 2020, 11:16 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: MWC + Utah + BYU ranked by most players in the NFL (#8 might surprise you)
Replies: 4
Views: 686

Re: MWC + Utah + BYU ranked by most players in the NFL (#8 might surprise you)

I'm not surprised at all. For the past decade we've put more people into the NFL. It kind of lays to rest the whole "BYU has more talent" myth. They may have more depth, but we tend to get more talented athletes.
by Ahbye
July 11th, 2020, 11:49 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Washington Money game
Replies: 16
Views: 1844

Re: Washington Money game

Washington plays at Utah in conference. These power 5 schools won't have a leg to stand on when they cancel a game for "health reasons" and "geographical containment" when they're turning around and playing teams in the same state. BYU will have an even better contractual case against Utah due to pr...
by Ahbye
June 25th, 2020, 9:34 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020
Replies: 47
Views: 1821

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

I've heard that smoking a lot of weed impacts performance, so I think if we smoke less this year, we'll be better. Who did you hear that from ? Has any actual science been done on that ? I'd prefer players smoke weed to deal with pain than get fed opioid's. So you prefer losing a lot. Gotcha. BTW, ...
by Ahbye
June 25th, 2020, 9:29 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020
Replies: 47
Views: 1821

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

I've heard that smoking a lot of weed impacts performance, so I think if we smoke less this year, we'll be better. Who did you hear that from ? Has any actual science been done on that ? I heard it from science. All of you weed pushers want to downplay societal and physical repercussions of weed, b...
by Ahbye
June 25th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020
Replies: 47
Views: 1821

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

I've heard that smoking a lot of weed impacts performance, so I think if we smoke less this year, we'll be better.
by Ahbye
June 24th, 2020, 12:02 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: California Atty General torpedoes MWC
Replies: 39
Views: 2235

California Atty General torpedoes MWC

Probably. In response to Idaho legislating against men competing as women, California banned state-sponsored travel to Idaho. If the California schools won't travel to Boise, how does that work for scheduling?
by Ahbye
June 23rd, 2020, 11:55 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: I am starting to doubt it happens.....
Replies: 132
Views: 9364

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Misinformation. It's misinformation. If your going to lecture people on they're sources of scientific facts you should at least use you're spell checker.
by Ahbye
April 11th, 2020, 9:49 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: New Mexico’s virtual tour
Replies: 11
Views: 1327

Re: New Mexico’s virtual tour

Weir is a good guy. I was at the top of the visitor tunnel after a game once and he had gone back down for an interview. Meanwhile, there were a couple of female student workers at the bottom struggling to push a cart full of chairs up the tunnel to put them away. I had just started down the tunnel ...
by Ahbye
March 7th, 2020, 9:26 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Sam is officially greatest USU ever
Replies: 45
Views: 2226

Re: Sam is officially greatest USU ever

Agreed. Estes was and is a legend, but I think we tend to give him an untouchable status because of how he passed. Sam put a very mediocre basketball team on his shoulders and carried them to the championship against SDSUs best team ever. What a foolish thing to say. Wayne did what he did in just 7...
by Ahbye
March 7th, 2020, 6:05 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Sam is officially greatest USU ever
Replies: 45
Views: 2226

Re: Sam is officially greatest USU ever

Agreed. Estes was and is a legend, but I think we tend to give him an untouchable status because of how he passed. Sam put a very mediocre basketball team on his shoulders and carried them to the championship against SDSUs best team ever.
by Ahbye
March 7th, 2020, 6:02 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: I'd like to extend my thanks to Flynn
Replies: 11
Views: 1393

Re: I'd like to extend my thanks to Flynn

brian5562 wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 6:00 pm
Kids a great player. Great D by the Aggies on him.
He's not as good as Sam.
by Ahbye
March 5th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: College basketball results today
Replies: 20
Views: 1843

Re: College basketball results today

Not a bad day on the bubble for USU tonight as well. Wichita State, Stanford, and Arizona State all lost! I do not understand why they have so many pac 12 teams in. It's a knee-jerk reaction to how they did last year in the tournament. The committee apparently doesn't appreciate the year-to-year ch...
by Ahbye
February 20th, 2020, 7:59 am
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: WSJ homepage article on MWC using new Nike balls (picture of Sam in article too)
Replies: 30
Views: 2276

Re: WSJ homepage article on MWC using new Nike balls (picture of Sam in article too)

I remember mentioning this a while back after seeing the MWCboard post from the reporter. I was wondering whether this would ever come out. I love the canned statement from our AD. I'd like to see how little it varies from the language in our Nike contract with regard to a non-disparagement clause.
by Ahbye
February 12th, 2020, 12:20 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: In conference 3 point shooting... so poo poo
Replies: 20
Views: 1309

Re: In conference 3 point shooting... so poo poo

Miller's shot is disgusting. If you don't pay attention, it appears that he is shooting it the same way every time. However, when you watch his hands and feet, they are different with every shot. Because of that, he misses. Because he misses, he gets the yips and it all goes downhill. Until he doesn...
by Ahbye
February 12th, 2020, 11:02 am
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: In conference 3 point shooting... so poo poo
Replies: 20
Views: 1309

Re: In conference 3 point shooting... so poo poo

The conference wide complaint has been the Nike ball with the shot tracker. No coincidence that the under armour ball used for Colorado State last night was shot better. The Dan Diego paper did a write-up and the Washington Post was looking at it as well.
by Ahbye
February 8th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: WHY Was USU Mardi Gras Party Scheduled @ 9PM on 2/8?????
Replies: 11
Views: 962

Re: WHY Was USU Mardi Gras Party Scheduled @ 9PM on 2/8?????

aggies22 wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 2:19 pm
The start time for the game tonight is printed on the schedule poster that would have been printed in October at the latest.

So, no, they just can't get it right. A free-for-all like Mardi Gras is probably planned as well as the Howl. In other words probably not planned much at all.
This.
by Ahbye
February 2nd, 2020, 8:58 am
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?
Replies: 26
Views: 2302

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section. The Sham has been stealing from us since their inception. It's why when the ubiquitous "best student section" argument comes up, only their fanbase thinks they're in the co...
by Ahbye
January 27th, 2020, 11:38 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed
Replies: 352
Views: 24047

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

I'd love to hear from our local USU flat foot...... I'd run circles around you both physically and intellectually, sport. I waited a few days to allow you apologists enough rope to hang yourselves with. In Utah, possession of metabolite in your bloodstream is not considered possession of a controll...
by Ahbye
January 27th, 2020, 11:28 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed
Replies: 352
Views: 24047

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

I'd love to hear from our local USU flat foot...... I'd run circles around you both physically and intellectually, sport. I waited a few days to allow you apologists enough rope to hang yourselves with. In Utah, possession of metabolite in your bloodstream is not considered possession of a controll...
by Ahbye
January 25th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed
Replies: 352
Views: 24047

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

oleblu111 wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Claiming intellectual, and physical powers in a debate, instead of discussion the topic at hand shows a lack of control needed to prove your point.
But I did discuss it, sport. I felt bad when he said I had flat feet.
by Ahbye
January 25th, 2020, 10:26 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed
Replies: 352
Views: 24047

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

I'd love to hear from our local USU flat foot...... I'd run circles around you both physically and intellectually, sport. I waited a few days to allow you apologists enough rope to hang yourselves with. In Utah, possession of metabolite in your bloodstream is not considered possession of a controll...
by Ahbye
December 30th, 2019, 8:06 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Christian LaValle
Replies: 36
Views: 2599

Re: Christian LaValle

Before posting that "we run off", what else do you know about his performance once he got to Logan other then he had 3 stars? What about off the field? Attitude? This board is quick to jump to negative conclusions and infer this was only because he was moved to dline. Maybe the move was an opportun...
by Ahbye
December 29th, 2019, 9:44 pm
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Christian LaValle
Replies: 36
Views: 2599

Re: Christian LaValle

So while we get run off the field by MAC schools, we also run off one of the best signees in our history because he doesn't fit scheme. So what happened to fitting scheme to personnel and recruiting LB's over DL's because we can never get the depth on the DL as a G5? Seems like two important philoso...
by Ahbye
December 28th, 2019, 10:23 am
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Any word on Queta or Kuba?
Replies: 76
Views: 8046

Re: Any word on Queta or Kuba?

I heard they got in trouble for playing him before grades were released for the semester. They have now imposed self-sanctions in the hope we don't have to vacate our second place finish in the Frisco Bowl.
by Ahbye
December 24th, 2019, 9:26 am
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: I missed Queta’s injury
Replies: 63
Views: 7191

Re: I missed Queta’s injury

I'd rather be called a pretentious and entitled asshat and about a million other terrible things than a Cougar. IMO, calling an Aggie a Cougar is over the line for any situation and I think the people doing it KNOW it's over the line. People are doing it with the intent of massive emotional distres...
by Ahbye
December 21st, 2019, 10:29 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coach Andersen
Replies: 80
Views: 5012

Re: Coach Andersen

The icing on the cake for me is the not-so-veiled threats at the press and the cops who did their jobs the other night. Such irony that he did that whilst forgetting to do his own job tonight. I also thought that was in very bad taste. Getting warrants for urine because someone though they smelled ...
by Ahbye
December 21st, 2019, 10:07 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coach Andersen
Replies: 80
Views: 5012

Re: Coach Andersen

The icing on the cake for me is the not-so-veiled threats at the press and the cops who did their jobs the other night. Such irony that he did that whilst forgetting to do his own job tonight. I also thought that was in very bad taste. Getting warrants for urine because someone though they smelled ...
by Ahbye
December 21st, 2019, 6:49 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Onside Kick, good or bad call?
Replies: 25
Views: 1290

Re: Onside Kick, good or bad call?

The way our defense was playing it was a good call. Poor kick and bad execution. Maybe that's something to think about. It was a vote of no-confidence in the defense by Gary at the end of the game. Does that vote of no-confidence carry over into the off-season? People keep talking about going away ...
by Ahbye
December 21st, 2019, 6:20 am
Forum: Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)
Topic: Coach Andersen
Replies: 80
Views: 5012

Re: Coach Andersen

The icing on the cake for me is the not-so-veiled threats at the press and the cops who did their jobs the other night. Such irony that he did that whilst forgetting to do his own job tonight. I also thought that was in very bad taste. Getting warrants for urine because someone though they smelled ...